mission 77 series..advice please...

jonnyv

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Thinking about getting rid of my mission 701 frounts and 70c2 center speaker and getting :

mission 77c1 frount speaker (7.2 ltr volume)

either mission 771e or 772

Couple of questions...

How much better will the 77 series be over the 701's i already have , the 701's have a 18.25 ltr volume and the center has 16.85 ltr volume.

What difference will there be seeing as the 770's have more than twice the ltr volume than the 771 ?

Which frounts to go for ?

771e has 6.5 ltr volume

772 has 11 ltr volume

With the center speaker being 7.2 ltr volume i would think the 771e at 6.5 ltr volume would be the best match

opinions please....

cheers

771e's aren't going to be much cop if you want to use them for music. The 772's would be better, but not perfect. And you'll need a sub more than you would normally for movies, as bass will be lacking at the fronts.

Other than this, no problems at all with any of the above.

Originally posted by pointon
771e's aren't going to be much cop if you want to use them for music. The 772's would be better, but not perfect. And you'll need a sub more than you would normally for movies, as bass will be lacking at the fronts.

Other than this, no problems at all with any of the above.
I'll back that up; a sub is certainly a must, I have found... I'm just saving to get mine at the moment!

Thanks for the replys..i have a sub already and my amp is set to 80hz crossover...so i think these should be ok ??

cheers

771e' s

I would personally go with the 771e stand mounted. Considering that they were given better reviews than the 772 and that the internal vol is closer to the 77C1 than the 772.
And you don't have to worry about the bass because you already have a sub.

Samir

jonnyv. good luck in getting the 77c1 centre speaker... i've been trying to get it from richer sounds who sell it cheapest at 99 quid but still no luck.. it's out of stock all the time..

just a question for all of u out there.. which is better? the 771e or the wharfedale 8.1?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom