• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Mission 762 Speakers

thimble

Novice Member
Hi
I have a pair of mission 762 speakers, they are 30 years old and need to be re-foamed.
I have bought the relevant replacement parts and I have instructions on how to do it, I have to remove the woofer from the speaker cabinet in order to do this.
Does anyone know how the woofers are connected to the 5 way post?, I have searched the web but I can't seem to find a picture/diagram, are they connected by:
a) solder?
b) banana plug?
c) a wire which is secured by a screw?
I would like to know this before I attempt to do the refoaming if possible.
Thanks

MaryWhitehouse

Pics will help as there were several 762’s. All I can see show the larger driver screwed to the cabinet. Or do you mean how are they connected electrically to the connections at the rear.

MaryWhitehouse

Disassemble and find out. There will be a crossover board in there.

thimble

Novice Member
Thanks for the replies, but I have just realised that what I really need to know is:
How are the cables connected to the woofers?
Does this vary from manufacturer to manufacturer?

MaryWhitehouse

Dude just dive in lol. It’ll be easy and obvious

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom