Mission 75as (partner)

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by bug, Mar 13, 2001.

1. bug

bug

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi please help i've got a 75as subwoofer and am looking to add a second woofer any advice. My system is as follows:
    toshiba sd9000
    yamaha dspa1
    and mission 782,78c and 78ds speakers.
    Thanks

2. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright
    AVForums Founder Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10,300
    Unless you're using the two subs differently (e.g. one for front speaker, one for rear speakers), then one assumes you're planning to use a pair of subs bith connected tol, say, the LFE output ?
    If this is the case then you're probably going to have to get another 75as else your system could potentially sound very strange.
    Matching pairs of subs are the traditional way to go.

3. bug

bug

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the advice,i've been told that an m&k subwoofer would be a very good match.
    As they have the same amplifiers? yes it would be for the main lfe channel i would run the 75as in line with my 78ds rear speakers.Does anybody else have a rear subwoofer running in this way.

4. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey Bug!
    Are the mission 78ds's any good? Ive got 780's as my mains, 77c1 as centre and 760's as rears. Only prob with them is they take up too much room on rear wall.
    Let me know.
    Cheers ninco