1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mission 753's Where's my bass?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by paultb, Jan 15, 2005.

1. paultb

paultb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just set up my system that has been stored for 8 months. I am running a Musical Fidelity CDT CD with the MF Pre-amp, bridged MF Typhoon power amps through Mission 753's. I have them bi-wired with Cyrus 2 for the top end and Supra 600 for the bottom end. Having set up and switched on, I found the sound was poor with very ineffective bass, and this has not improved over 24 hours. In my system I've always found the sound a little harsh and plan to get some new cabling, but I've never found lack of bass a problem. I know the system is 12 years old, but It's never had this problem before. The system is set up in a 6x4m conservatory with full walls to 3 sides and glass to the front and roof. The speakers stand against one side wall 3m apart. Has anybody any suggestions as to the cause of the problem please. Thanks

2. tom_nieto

tom_nieto
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    If you've changed the position of the speakers or moved them into a bigger room, then that might be your problem. A conservatory doesn't strike me as the best place to reproduce good bass.