nightking2020

Novice Member
my kit is
yamaha z7 reciever
panasonic BDT500 PLAYER
mission 753 tower speaker x 4 [6ohm]
rel q100e
mission 773 centre speaker [8ohm]

finaly got some time to have a little run in demo of my set up [ yes i know theres a lot of vintage stuff in there] first off i have noticed the towers are amazing for there age and provide a great soundstage.......but...................the centre speaker sounds terrible to be honest, its like its underpowered and cant keep up with the power put through it......speech sounds way way low , im wondering is it time to change the centre speaker......... i have used the calibration speaker to set up the amp so im ruling that out as a problem.
any ideas people?

D

Deleted member 901590

Images of the speaker positions, your main listening position, and the relative position of the centre speaker to your MLP would be very useful (i.e. we may be able to help with what you can do with the speaker you have). :)

nightking2020

Novice Member
Images of the speaker positions, your main listening position, and the relative position of the centre speaker to your MLP would be very useful (i.e. we may be able to help with what you can do with the speaker you have). :)
my positioning is pretty much generic ......sub in corner towers in each corner away from wall for fronts and for the rears they are just positioned toed in behind my sofa
the centre is on a shelf under my tv and is brought forward
i used to use mission 773 towers to compliment the centre so i never had the issue before hand i am thinking it may be the centre is a bit weak or not compatable a little bit?

nightking2020

Novice Member
it doesnt help that i dont have a remote for my z7 and im having to try and do stuff with the front panel down which is a nightmare
the big remote costs a fortune and is impossible to find , there is a smaller one that comes with the unit that would be a little help,,but on ebay sellers keep telling me that the product number has to MATCH the larger unit?

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B QD OLED Review - A Quantum Leap for OLED!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom