1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mission 75 series problem

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by C227, Jan 29, 2005.

1. C227

C227
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Got mission 753's at fron with 75C centre speaker run by a Yamaha DSPA2 Amp.

The main sound great, but the centre channel sounds thin, very little bass, voices sound thin. Ive treid every setting butt hey still sound the same.

I thought these were meant to be a good centre speaker!

So what do I do? I want more weight and warmth but retain the excellent amount of detail they provide.

Which centre speakers are really good? I need something that either integrates well with the 753's OR something that has Main speakers in its range which are also excellent.

2. Parmenion

Parmenion

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    Ever thought of trying a second 75C?

If your using it underneath a 28" telly then cancel the above suggestion but if you have the room you could give it a try. I ran two centres (75C) side by side bi amped. Glorious sound.

regards

Parmenion

3. pragmatic

pragmatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,678
    Is strange, as my 75C is very bass'ey. I have it set to 'large', if you have such an option it might be worth a try because when set to small i didn't like the sound at all.

4. C227

C227
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    It might be set to small. I will check.

My room is 18 foot wide by 18 ft deep. Its sitting under a 42" Plasma. I might try a better support aswell.

Buying a second one......but then youve got two tweeters wuite far apart, unless u stack them in which case it might work quite well.

Will get back with my findings.

5. C227

C227
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Solved problem.

The setting on the yamaha was for large centre speaker. I decided to use small and see what difference it makes.

Result! I get much more bass now, much better vocals, the whole system has come together now and sounds amazing! I swithced back to large speaker and it sounded horrible again.

75C according to the Yamaha is a small speaker (well it aint massive). Goes to how that the settings do actually work and get it wrong and it wont sound right.

Thanks!

6. Parmenion

Parmenion

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    small and large are not refering to the physical size of the speaker, they are talking about its ability to handle full range signals or limited signals.

regards

Parmenion