Mission 74i/73i or m7c1/m7c2...any others?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by damtom1, Jan 12, 2003.

1. damtom1

damtom1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Looking to replace my front speakers,currently Mission 733i and Mission m73 (centre).Its not that i'm unhappy with them ,i just fancy a change of colour,and i,ve got someone that wants to buy them .
    I've looked at the Mission 74i's and will probably go for them.Can someone tell me what the benefits of these is above the Mission 73i?
    With regards to the centre speaker,i would have liked the m7c1 as it would fit on the tv nicely.Reading on here though ,it is not all that,compared to the m7c2....is this really the case?
    I'm not dead set on Missions,but these do look the best....unless anyone has any better sugggestions?

2. Andywilliams

Andywilliams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    hi Damtom1
    The differance between m73i and m74i is that the 74 has two drivers instead of one and is slightly bigger.The m7c2 is alot better than the m7c1 i demo both and got the m7c2.The m7c2 speaker is alot bigger than the m7c1 but blue tacked on to your tv it should'nt fall off. bigger is definitely better.
    gonzo

3. damtom1

damtom1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers Gonzo............what is the biggest difference in performance between the 73i and 74i.I know the 74i has an extra driver,does this mean just a heavier bass or are there other advantages of the extra driver.My 733i's are similar to the 73i and i'm more than happy with the sound of them,so would the 74i's be a big improvment?

4. Andywilliams

Andywilliams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    hi Damtom
    from the short time i heard the m74is was the differance in the bass[more of] as you said.so if you listen to cds alot in 2 channel you would benefit from the m74is over the 73is.
    gonzo

5. Nobber22

Nobber22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +111
    I disagree. The M74's and M74i's are overblown in the bass which spoils the midrange clarity. I prefer the smaller M73's. If you want bass, get a sub instead.

6. adox

adox
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the mission site has all the specs on their speakers!:

www.mission.co.uk

7. damtom1

damtom1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks ,this is what i thought.The new speakers will mostly be used for films,so they will be used with a sub.As i said the 73i are probably more similar to what i have.....saying that though,does anyone have any experience of the older 702e?.Saw these on the Richer sounds website,they could be ok?

8. Nobber22

Nobber22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +111
    Good speakers, but have a known build fault where the front baffle can come loose and rattle. Good sound, but IMO the M73's are better, particularly in the midrange which is very clear and open.