Mission 732 surround sound

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by minesapintorthree, Aug 7, 2006.

1. minesapintorthree

minesapintorthree
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all, first post. Have looked through and read many threads now but have not read the infomation i need. I have a pair of mission 732 speakers hooked up to an old rotel amp(with four channel output). The two speakers sound great and so do the cds and dvds. I am now starting a home cinema set up and have purchased a screenplay 4805 projector. Can i use the 732's and add another pair of missions and hook them up to a denon avr1706 that i intend buying, and if so what missions will work best? Any help please.

2. bu5ter

bu5ter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +116
    Ideally you would want to add 3 speakers one for a centre channel to deal with all the dialogue and then a pair of rear surrounds.

This owuld then sit a dolby digital and dts track and as you have a decent sized set of front speakers you could live without a sub i did for 5 years and was fine as the low stuff just got routed to the front pairing.

3. minesapintorthree

minesapintorthree
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just seen a thread with a set up of 732 for front and 73s and 73c. Can anyone else recommend this or a similar set up. They seem quite cheap on ebay. Think your right Bu5ter about the sub, the 732 already shake the room at low volume.

4. bu5ter

bu5ter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +116
    You dont need it honestly alot of setups ive seen had to have a sub because of the frequency limits of the speakers.

My old setup with the floorstanders large centre and decent rears gave a much better overall sound than my new one with wall mounted speakers Mission M70s even though I now have a sub. Yes it goes a bit lower but the midrange is nowhere near as clear and sometimes diallouge sounds distant....

But hey ho what we could all do with massive rooms!!!