Mission 703 tweeter issue

Matth27

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi all, thought I had a blown tweeter....but on replacing it ,still not working. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks matt

Assuming the new tweeter you fitted works OK (maybe someone can suggest a safe way to check a tweeter?) then...

Check the speakers' biwire terminals. If you're not biwiring, then ensure the provided speaker biwire link in securely in place (the link should connect to red terminal to red terminal, black should connect to black on the rear of the speakers).

If you biwire then check security of all connections and cables to the speaker (i.e. at amp and speaker ends). Also, best clean then tighten all speakers terminals just to be certain because the next step involves more investigation.

If it's not a speaker or amp terminal issue, then there's probably either a broken or loose wire or connection somewhere within the speaker, or the crossover has failed in some way. Unless you can see an obvious break in the circuit then you'll need some electronic experience (and possibly equipment) to detect the failed component. Happy hunting!

With twenty year old speakers, it's always worth considering newer alternatives, especially if you have to pay others to get the old speakers fixed. A paid for repair may be economically unviable.

Assuming the new tweeter you fitted works OK (maybe someone can suggest a safe way to check a tweeter?) then...

Check the speakers' biwire terminals. If you're not biwiring, then ensure the provided speaker biwire link in securely in place (the link should connect to red terminal to red terminal, black should connect to black on the rear of the speakers).

If you biwire then check security of all connections and cables to the speaker (i.e. at amp and speaker ends). Also, best clean then tighten all speakers terminals just to be certain because the next step involves more investigation.

If it's not a speaker or amp terminal issue, then there's probably either a broken or loose wire or connection somewhere within the speaker, or the crossover has failed in some way. Unless you can see an obvious break in the circuit then you'll need some electronic experience (and possibly equipment) to detect the failed component. Happy hunting!

With twenty year old speakers, it's always worth considering newer alternatives, especially if you have to pay others to get the old speakers fixed. A paid for repair may be economically unviable.
Thanks so much...I'll try all that

Ah ha!!! There's no biwire link black to black...thanks so much. Any ideas if you can buy them? Cheers again. Matt

Does that mean you have a spare working tweeter?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom