1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MISSION 702E OR ELTAX LIBERTY5 +

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by TJSMANGINA, Jul 15, 2001.

1. TJSMANGINA

TJSMANGINA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i need some help for a friend he has some very poor rears.right now he has some b&w 601s2 at the front a tanny mc centre an some pi.ss poor wharfedales at the rear.now the advice he is after is can he buy some mission 702e or the eltax liberty5+ an move the b&w to the rear.im no sure about mixing speakers as all mine are b&w.can anyone help an which set would you choose out of the two.

2. Taz

Taz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have a pair of 702e's there v. good for the price £99.99 from R S.

Taz. :cool:

3. Matt

Matt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    I'd say he would be better of going for a pair of Tannoy MX front speakers to match his centre. Ideally you want all the speakers to be from one range from one manuafactor to enqure that you get a good tonal match across the soundstage.

4. TJSMANGINA

TJSMANGINA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    so matt your saying throw the b&w`s on the rear an use the tannoys as fronts ????????????????? surely the b&w`s are the better speakers

5. Matt

Matt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Play a dvd that has a sound that pans from left to right, like a car driving past or something, if the tone of the car sound doesnt change as it moves from the B&W's through the Tannoy then keep them and maybe look at B&W for rears.
    As the original idea was to get either Mission or Eltax fronts this would create a real mismash of speakers, getting it down to two manufactors would be a start.

6. tan1415

tan1415

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

IMO the most improtant thing for homecinema is that the frontspeakers(L,R & C) must at least be from the same company or even better line.
    The reason is that the frontstage must be all equal in chaacter to each other. You must not hear to much of a difference as the sound moves from left to right.
    And with DTS and DD the rear speakers should not only be fullrange but preferably also of the same character and sound to the fronts.

But of course this just a question of taste.
    If he enjoys this mix and matching. I suggest that you check out the Mission Dipoles. I thought they were by far the best surround speakers i've heard and also very reasonable. If you're really on a budget i suggest you get the Eltax Dipoles(Via RS)

With the MSub10 you're set at basswise.
    But of course if your room can handle it. The 603 will make a instant impact. The 601 can be rears.

And don't forget to buy a center. The CC6?
    This will make your setup perfect.