1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mission 6 Pack

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by eibborc, Apr 4, 2001.

1. eibborc

eibborc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Have had these for 3-4 months perched on various positions around the living room with cables all over the shop.

But as we're moving house in a couple of weeks, wife has given me ultimatum to SORT IT OUT!!

Can anybody recommend suitable sexy stands for the fronts, and decent quality brackets for the rears?

I've seen some Mission stands on their website which look OK, but am not sure if they work with mine.

Also, there are a couple of holes for screws in the back....are they designed for stands/brackets of any particular brand.

Thanks in advance for any advice / where to buy?

R.

:confused:

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I use mission speakers for my home setup.
    I bought a pair of atacama nexus 6 stands in silver for the fronts. Look great and are the best around by far for £60.00.
    For the rears I use shelf stands, but in the bristol show I saw some new rear brackets which enable you to change the angle of fire of the speaker in any direction.
    I am trying at present to find out more on these and i'll let you know when I find more info.
    ninc0 ;)

3. Berno

Berno
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I also have the mission cinema six pack.

I have not found any suitable stands for the fronts yet, but I bought a pair of Mission brackets for the rears from URL=http://www.hifibitz.co.uk]HiFiBitz[/URL]for £18.50

The brackets screw into the two holes on the back of the speakers and allow for adjusting in all directions. They even have matching Mission Logos on them ;)

Hope this helps.

Regards
    Bernie

4. Berno

Berno
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
  5. eibborc

eibborc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Bernie and ninc0,

Thanks for your help.

Also thought I would email Mission direct to check out their customer service........very impressed...I emailed them 17.15 yesterday...got a reply 08:45 this morning....thanks Rowanne

Here is her reply FYI:

Thankyou for your interest in Mission products - The 70 brackets (also used to be known as 73 brackets) are for use for the Mission 70 speakers which are in the Cinema 6 pack you have recently purchased. They are the only brackets we do if you have any queries from the dealer you want to order from.

Regarding what stand you could use, well I have to firstly say that the Mission 70 is meant to be a bookshelf or wall mountable speaker - I think you may find that the Stance stand may be a little too large. We do have a slightly smaller type of stand, like the stance called the 'Stancette' - as
    this is still a new stand I do not have the full dimensions of the top plate on which the speaker sits so I cannot confirm this is ok for sure but it is worth taking a look into!

What I would suggest, is to go to your nearest Mission dealer - taking with you the measurements of your Mission 70 speaker and see what stands they would recomend for you to use.

For dealers near to you - as I do not know London well - I would be happy to send you a full listing of dealers if you would supply me with your address details.

I look forward to hearing from you.
    Kind regards,
    Rowanne - Mission Sales