1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mission 6.1 upgrade options?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by ronsealdeath, Apr 8, 2003.

1. ronsealdeath

ronsealdeath

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I recently got into home cinema with a Marantz sr4300, tosh sd220e and a mission cinema 6 pack through my Sony TV. I used the amp and DVD with a mixture of different hifi speakers before the missions and the sound was ok (Pair of Heybrook HB1's, a mordant short ms10i centre and a pair of eltax floorstanders for the rears with no sub). I figured get a dedicated surround package with a sub, so i got the missions. Ok effects steering and rear effects are good but it doesn't have much bite to it. I basically have to upgrade to 6.1 or there's no point having the marantz,(I'm waffling a bit here guys so bear with me!) instead of getting another model 70 monitor off ebay (i've seen a couple), should i get a mission dedicated centre and put the other monitor as the rear, cos there's always loads of centres on ebay. If so which centre should i get and will it give the system a bit more attack and presence?

phew sorry that took so long to say.:clap:

2. Viker1

Viker1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you want to stick with Mission look at the m7c2 (part of the m70 series). It will be a great acoustic match for your present Mission set up, and it is a very decent, and quality center speaker .

3. rozzar

rozzar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    didn't the cinema 6-pack have the white speaker cones? i think the M7c2 would be slight overkill for that...I'd personally look for a 70c2...had 2 5 1/4 inch bass drivers, and the same tweeter thats in the 70s that you got in your package. shove the supplied centre to the rear centre. it shouldnt' be more than £50 really...Mission are so quick to discontinue stuff, that quite frankly its hard to keep up to date.

4. ronsealdeath

ronsealdeath

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the tips, i have seen several of the speakers you mentioned on ebay, i'll keep an eye out for one going cheap.

5. sounddog

sounddog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +461
    Depends what your future plans are ... if you plan to later upgrade the fronts ... get the M7c2 ... otherwise get the 70c2.

Vikki