Missing recordings on E30 RAM disk

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Mark Bennett, Jan 24, 2003.

1. Mark Bennett

Mark Bennett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All

My Panny E30 arrived the day I left for Florence so I quickly set it up to record various programs while I was away.

Now I'm back and only found two shows recorded. It looked all OK and there were no ! marks stating I was out of disk space on the RAM disk shipped with the recorder. I did experiment with different records speeds to get the best quality for some and just record others.

I read something about copy protected shows - is this what happend?

Any suggestions?

I'd also be after last weekends: Alias, Stargate, X-files and Farscape from terrestrial if anyone has them.

on another stupid newbie Q; I take it there's no way to put/devide up a disk. I basically want to set a new in point so I can just hit tab/forward and start at the begining of the show.

Cheers

Mark

2. jryoung

jryoung

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have only had my E30 for a couple of weeks, but the Position marker and Divide functions should meet your needs.

I still have the manual out to try the different features!

Yours

3. Mark Bennett

Mark Bennett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I think that will only work on RAM disks - is that correct?

M

4. bobbles

bobbles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yep only RAM

5. Faust

Faust

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    If you selected FR mode or set the timer to XP then the unit will record in the very best record mode. If as an example your first programme was 1 hour duration, then this would only leave approx 1hour for anything else you wished to tape. Sounds to me like this is what you may have done. Don't worry though as it has happened to the best of us. Enjoy a first class bit of kit.

:eek:

6. Mark Bennett

Mark Bennett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

So I can't mix record speeds on the DVD-R or not use XP as the first program?

I'll try and recreate the prob and see what happens.

M

7. Mark Bennett

Mark Bennett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

One thing I've noticed is than on VHS tapes there's always about 5 extra minutes or so on the tape.

So when recording I always give an extra 1 - 2 min intro and about 5 min out so I don't miss anythign due to commercials and time changes.

If the DVD-R or RAM tapes a 2hr at SP - is that a firm 2hrs?

What and how are people recording their shows? Should I set it for FR and give it that extra 5 minues so catch it all?

Also - have duped across on the scart lead and noticed it has a slight ghosting. Is that down to crap generic SCART lead or something else?

Still trying to suss out best way to wire it all together as I want to dupe from VHS, DVD master show reals etc.

Cheers

Mark

8. malcom

malcom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4

I think that is always a good idea!!. When using cheap DVD-R discs I never go right up to the wire as these discs are more likely to fail near the outer edge.

Going up to the wire with RAM is no problem. But allowing a few minutes extra in case of a program timing error is alway a good idea in my opinion. Happy recording.. Malcom.