Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Missing photos

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by bob1, Apr 9, 2005.

1. bob1

bob1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +131
    I lost all the photos on my flash card ,i know that they are still on as the camera tells me the the card is half full.I have tried all the recovery software i can find and none can find the camera as a drive.Should i buy a card reader or would that be a waist of time.

Help :lease:

2. DJW

DJW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Card readers are always useful & cheap from the likes of EBAY ( £5). Do you not know someone with such an item to try & see what you have on card. Alternatively try your lluck in nearest Dixons, Currys & ask them to demonstrate how card reader works, or even visit Photo printing shops (Boots incl) that now offer printing from cards. At least you could prove one way or the other if the shots are recoverable.

Good luck :thumbsup:

3. bob1

bob1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +131
    Thanks for the advice ,its looks like a card reader.I doubt the idea of going to a shop to read the card will help as the camera and pc tells me that the card only as one picture on it (took one this morning) ,they will more than likley just pull out the one pic.

4. ASH1

ASH1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    As far as I know you can only recover images from a card through a card reader. At least that what it tells me in the instructions with my San disk ultra 2 card.

ASH1

5. bob1

bob1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +131
    Thanks ASH1 i have bought a card reader off ebay ,one of the programs stated that it could get the photos of camera, it didn't work.

6. bob1

bob1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +131
    I have now got the card reader £5 from ebay, i have looked for some software all seem to work but can't find any that are free although i did find one completely free one but it only retrieved about half.