Missing Marantz

Thanks , TBF it looks like all the brands are having glitches and problems at the moment & I think the way D&M have treated customers with the HDMI 2.1 fiasco is shocking , if the NAD lasts more than 18 months it’s doing better than my last Marantz.

Thanks , TBF it looks like all the brands are having glitches and problems at the moment & I think the way D&M have treated customers with the HDMI 2.1 fiasco is shocking , if the NAD lasts more than 18 months it’s doing better than my last Marantz.
If you last longer than the nad thatll be doing well! Mine lasted 6 months…

That’s good , I got my refund today from Peter Tysons as promised , I ordered the NAD today from Sevenoaks, fingers crossed it’s a good one ☝️

Let`s hope it works as there is lot of negative comments for it, example in the Anthem MRX740 review comment section people moving from Nad to Anthem not because of the sound but the issues it has... Not acceptable for such high cost products. Thankfully Yamaha gets new models out soon and they are usually built like tank without silly bugs.

758 usability was absolutely shocking…

hdmi failure on the marantz
That could be the same/similar failure on a few Onkyo AV receivers, the main HDMI input chip dies and the part is obsolete.

Let`s hope it works as there is lot of negative comments for it, example in the Anthem MRX740 review comment section people moving from Nad to Anthem not because of the sound but the issues it has... Not acceptable for such high cost products. Thankfully Yamaha gets new models out soon and they are usually built like tank without silly bugs.
Yeah I have read the threads but also some people have no problems at all with the NAD , the Anthems also have problems , I nearly went for the Yamaha but I think I will like the NAD sound better but I shall be keeping the packaging just in case .

The NAD and Anthem forums don't make encouraging reading, lots of software and fan issues. I was torn between a T778 or MRX740 and went for an SR8015 in the end. Its been rock solid so far.

At the price of that I should hope so.

The NAD and Anthem forums don't make encouraging reading, lots of software and fan issues. I was torn between a T778 or MRX740 and went for an SR8015 in the end. Its been rock solid so far.
Just wanted a change from Marantz as I have three in a row chasing the sound I was looking for but I couldn’t achieve in my lounge & the fault issue and customer service killed it for me , I may have the same hassle coming with the NAD .
Sevenoaks Manchester did say the NAD was there go to demo amp because of how it sounds .
The 8015 looks like a great amp but is just out my price range .

It arrived back the engineers report merely says hdmi replaced and tested. Defect code A1-missoperating Repair code A-replacementnow, which to sell?

Last edited:
Or you could donate to some deserving fellow AVFer...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom