Missing Marantz

moominter

Established Member
Reaction score
Advice needed please :
My 18 month old Marantz SR
7013 suddenly developed a fault, the front LR and Atmos channels stopped working , after contacting Marantz customer service they advised me to reset the unit but this did not work so they said I woul have to return the unit to Peter Tyson for repair.
After contacting Peter Tyson they had the unit collected quickly by DPD on the 17th of August and Marantz collected it from them on the 20th by UPS , since then the online UPS tracking is showing it’s still in Tamworth UPS depo, after a week I was concerned about this a contacted Peter Tyson and they have been apparently been trying to find it but I can’t seem to get any answers from them or anything from UPS , after checking the UPS trustpilot page it seems a lot of electrical items have gone missing recently with shocking reviews so I am really concerned and I’m still without an AVR that we are lost without .
Has anyone experienced anything similar and what was the outcome ? I’m also not sure how I stand legally if it is lost .

Hmm my marantz went back to tysons via dpd. How did you find out when it was sent to marantz?
DPD to Peter Tysons was no problem , when I emailed them a few days later to see if they received it ok I asked for the UPS tracking number after it left them to go to Marantz .

I have asked Peter Tyson to at least check with Marantz repair to see if they have it or UPS to see if they have it still but all I get is they are trying to contact Denon but apparently they are not answering the phone or emails at all ,I can’t take action with UPS as I am not the sender .

I find best way to make people do anything is to get at them on social media..that gees them up a biting
I find best way to make people do anything is to get at them on social media..that gees them up a bit
Thanks , will give that a go on Peter Tysons FB page , I find UK customer service shocking , if it was SVS they would have this sorted in 5 days from the US , if only they made AVRs .

I find best way to make people do anything is to get at them on social media..that gees them up a biting

Thanks , will give that a go on Peter Tysons FB page , I find UK customer service shocking , if it was SVS they would have this sorted in 5 days from the US , if only they made AVRs .
I usually get a response more on twitter

Ah ok , how long ago did you send it & did Peter Tysons find out with a tracking number or did they call Marantz?

No idea on the latter im afraid. Monday 6 sept it went off, arrived at tysons Tuesday. Then arrived at marantz Thursday
Thanks , still no reply to my email today , I did look on the Peter Tyson Twitter account but the last post was 2019 so I messaged them on FB messenger and apparently they was going to get back to me but nothing still .
Tracking still says the same 😡

Attachments

• B648687A-FCC1-4345-9230-330CB0F1E57D.png
    B648687A-FCC1-4345-9230-330CB0F1E57D.png
    182 KB · Views: 45
Damn…tbf to tysons they’ve answered me every time pretty quick? A you using the [email protected] email?
Yes , in the beginning I got replies pretty quickly but it’s now tapered off to nothing , I had enough and called them Monday , the lady I spoke to was like “ right ! let’s get this sorted “ she said she had tried to call Denon twice but they don’t answer but I have heard nothing since .

Any update on this?
Yes today I was offered a refund for what I payed for the SR7013 or I could pay a bit more deal and have the 7015 , TBH I’m totally fed up with all of the Marantz & Peter Tyson hassle and all the time I have spent chasing them over the last month , I’m not sure who is to blame but I’m thinking going for something else like the NAD T778 so I asked for a refund but that’s not happened yet .

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom