Missing ITV 2 & 3 ... anyone advise?

Rabmac

Standard Member
Hi All

I receive freeview from the Blackhill transmitter and suddenly I can't get ITV 1 & 2 on Freeview. Hitherto I've had a strong signal on both these channels.

I thought it might be the multiplex and re-booted the box to no avail. But apparently these channels are broadcast on multiplex 2, yet I'm receiving ITV 1 Channel 4, More 4, E4, etc okay (which are broadcast on the same multiplex).

I don't think it's an aerial problem either, as a tv and set-top box in another room fed from a separate roof aerial is also affected (also previously a good signal).

Anyone advise?

Thanks.

alpi

Hi, there was a re-ordering of some channels yesterday which included ITV 2 and 3. Also changed Film 4 + 1 to Channel 4 + 1.

A rescan should sort it all out...

Rabmac

Standard Member
I did a rescan the boxes yesterday afternoon for this reason. And I've now currently got all the channels properly numbered (Film4 on 32, E4 29, More4 14 etc.).

I first noticed this problem in the evening.

Should I do another rescan?

alpi

I did have a bit of a problem with my Freeview DVD recorder - after doing a rescan it appeared to find all the channels and was able to display the program guide but was giving a no signal error when trying to watch any of the channels.

I disconnected the aerial, did another rescan to wipe everything out , switched it all off then started again. This sorted it out. Worth trying this or a factory reset option if you have one ?

RohanM

I've recently got a really bad signal on ITV1, CH4, and E4. All other channels are fine. I used to get a good signal before - I live in W London and Crystal Palace is the transmitter, I think.

Did a re-scan and initially, the above channels were not re-tuned. Did it again, they've returned, but blocky, etc, with the now/next bar stating 'bad signal'.

This happens both on the Panasonic 23 LX60 LCD as well as on the Panny ES20 DVD-Recorder (both of which have integrated Freeview).

Problem with the MUX? Who can I call?

R

rontv

Hi there. My father's new Samsung set had the same problem today. When I checked the channels menu, ITV 2 and ITV 3 had a red cross next to them. When selecting the channel, a message said that the 'channel was missing, do you want to remove'. I didn't. On looking at the full channel listing and not his favourites, I found another ITV 2 way up showing on channel 800, so I have moved that down for him. Still no ITV 3 though. So is the solution to do a rescan then? What happened in the first place. Just curious. Cheers Ron

bainsyboy

Missing sound no epg for itv 2 and 3 then you need to reset your freeview box and then rescan its just worked for me on a humax machine and like jay says above its not going to hurt

gaz100uk

Standard Member
Hi there,

Just wondering if you guys think a re-scan will sort me out.
It was about sunday last week i lost ITV2 & 3 only. However this is on my toshiba telly with built in freeview & 2 other set top boxes i have on other tellys in the house. Surley they wouldnt all develope softwear glitches at the same time, would they?
Cheers

SamRadford

Because of the Film4 fiasco, some channels have been moved around, so it's necessary to do a complete re-scan on many boxes.

Rabmac

Standard Member
Hi there,

Just wondering if you guys think a re-scan will sort me out.
It was about sunday last week i lost ITV2 & 3 only. However this is on my toshiba telly with built in freeview & 2 other set top boxes i have on other tellys in the house. Surley they wouldnt all develope softwear glitches at the same time, would they?
Cheers

Apparently, yes. All three of my set-top boxes were affected by the re-ordering of channels last weekend (I lost ITV 2 & 3 on all of them).

A rescan of each one sorted out the problem, though, and I would suggest this might be the answer.

RohanM

just a quickie to say that this seems to have sorted itself out... I did a re-scan at the time of my original post (above), and then resigned myself to getting someone 'round to look at the aerial, following feedback on here.

However, about two-three days ago, itv and C4 suddenly had less problems and are now all clear.

Judging by the number people commenting on itv/C4 transmissions on these forums (from all over the UK), I'd say there's been more than the recent channel reshuffle at fault (or it had a bigger impact than planned).

PS Film4+1 was much, MUCH more useful than C4+1

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom