Missing guide data for some channels (BBC4 etc).

Is this for MCE2005?

If you use a London post-code (e.g. SE1 9QQ) and choose Crystal Palace, you will get more complete guide data.

Chris.Day said:
Is this for MCE2005?

If you use a London post-code (e.g. SE1 9QQ) and choose Crystal Palace, you will get more complete guide data.

No its in Chester, Cheshire - CH4 8AZ

I guess i cant use a london postcode as we have regional programs round here.

I did give me a choice of three transmitters to use from when I installed it.

I think I chose the last one - "Winter Hill B"

I might try and choose one of the other two and see if that fixes it.

You can always add the guide listings manuals in 'settings'.

mark.carline said:
No its in Chester, Cheshire - CH4 8AZ

I guess i cant use a london postcode as we have regional programs round here.

I did give me a choice of three transmitters to use from when I installed it.

I think I chose the last one - "Winter Hill B"

I might try and choose one of the other two and see if that fixes it.
Mark doesn't that Aussie thing scanBDA or something (sorry to be so vaque not at home at the moment) tell you which is the 'best' transmitter.

Or as Temujin says - manual listings.

The problem with manually adding listings is that Media Center occasionally "forgets". Are have Microsoft finally fixed that bug?

kolabere said:
.....doesn't that Aussie thing scanBDA or something tell you which is the 'best' transmitter.

Thanks - Does anyone have any idiot proof guides on how to use this in the uk ?

Does it mean that when I am given a choice of three transmitters to use, by picking one of them then the actual TV signal is pulled from that transmitter ?

I thought it was just for the guide data (thats why it asks for my postcode).

mark.carline said:
Thanks - Does anyone have any idiot proof guides on how to use this in the uk ?
You need my modified version that I put on the Hauppauge forum.

mark.carline said:
Does it mean that when I am given a choice of three transmitters to use, by picking one of them then the actual TV signal is pulled from that transmitter ?
No. The transmitter selected just affects what guide data you receive. Media Center will still scan all frequencies and use whatever it finds.

Chris.Day said:
The transmitter selected just affects what guide data you receive. Media Center will still scan all frequencies and use whatever it finds.
Thanks Chris, I didn't realise it worked like that.

Thanks for that utility!

I have just ran it and it seems to do alot of scanning but then crashes and writes the following event to the event log:

Faulting application scanchannelsbda_2-3a.exe, version 2.3.0.0, faulting module scanchannelsbda_2-3a.exe, version 2.3.0.0, fault address 0x000104e5

Here also is the output files:

output.txt
- This is the information shown in the dos box
ScanChannelsBDA.log
- This is the log file it produced

Attachments

• output.txt
    7.3 KB · Views: 91
  • ScanChannelsBDA.txt
    25.3 KB · Views: 113
Fixed it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just resetup the TV signal and channels and it gave me the following list of tranmitters to use:

- Emley Moor
- Winter Hill
- Winter Hil B

When I was setting up MCE I was selecting "Winter Hill B" (not sure why). I then changed it to "Emley Moor" and it found "BBC Yorkshire" which isnt my region.

Finally I changed it to "Winter Hill" and low and behold its found BBC North West and also it has a complete guide data for all the channels !!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom