Missing girl Tia Sharp

The Dark Horse

Just seen on news the nans boyfriend has been arrested, I thought the story sounded a bit odd

EDIT: This information came from the scrolling "Sky News" banner, it appears they were wrong and later changed it to "helping with enquiries"

Last edited:

Singh400

Distinguished Member
...this on BBC?

"Boyfriend of grandmother of missing schoolgirl Tia Sharp leaves home in London with police but is not under arrest"

The Dark Horse

Saying that Sky News said he was arrested but other news channels say he hasn't, that he is just helping with enquries?

Last edited:

Wild Weasel

They had them all out of the house earlier so they could send a sniffer dog in. It wouldn't surprise me if they took the time to install a few bugging devices while they were at it.

MarkR

Lets hope that he assists with the enquiries and doesn't turn into a suspect.

Steven

Senior Moderator

SBT

Banned
Thought it was a bit odd from the start.Leaves the house with no phone,boyfriend was the last to see her,and she walked from there to Croydon and wasn't once picked up on CCTV?

walleee

Thought it was a bit odd from the start.Leaves the house with no phone,boyfriend was the last to see her,and she walked from there to Croydon and wasn't once picked up on CCTV?
Where do you get your news from?

:rolleyes:

MarkR

I must say that it is starting to remind me of the Shannon Matthews kidnap story back in 2008. If it is, at least she would be alive.

BBC News - Tia Sharp: Eighty officers in search for Croydon girl

Except now a witness has now provided a statement which does state that Tia was seen on Friday at approx midday. The other are just possible sightings.

bosque

Novice Member
The OP needs to careful with what he thought he heard on the news, could get the whole Forum closed down with careless comments. This is not the local pub.

MarkR

The OP needs to careful with what he thought he heard on the news, could get the whole Forum closed down with careless comments. This is not the local pub.
I presume your not referring to mine as mine was the OP and is completely backed up. :confused:

imightbewrong

Distinguished Member

imightbewrong

Distinguished Member
As sometimes happens in news (and forums) - the rush to be first compromises the rush to be right :) I remember fox news announcing that george bush had one his first election before he really had, which made them rethink their mustbefirstmustbefirstmustbefirst attitude.

IronGiant

I only posted what the news banner on Sky news stated, they said he had been arrested, it appears they got it wrong, don't shoot the messenger.
I noticed, and as soon as you saw/heard that other agencies were reporting different you updated your post(s) accordingly, so don't worry about it :) :thumbsup:

Dave

Distinguished Member
I can't quite put my finger on it but the whole thing makes me uneasy, nothing specific but the nuances of how it's being reported and the statements being released by the police don't seem to give me confidence that this is a straight forward missing person case.

Regardless I sincerely hope the girl is found safe and well as soon as possible.

SBT

Banned

The same place everyone else does,or don't you watch the news?

Also the fact i'm from Croydon and have alot of family and friends living there,that have been out searching and handing out flyers.My cousin lives in the next road and is friends with the family.They have been out from day one looking for here.It's not just another news story for me.

moby125

I don't like the way this story, has sort of been buried by the Olympics. She disappeared on friday, yet all major news channels have led with, how Great Britain has done at the games. I know alot of people go missing each day, but what is more important a medal or the life of a 12 year old.

Only today has she been mentioned more because we haven't won any golds.

Hope she is found alive, but doesn't look promising.

Last edited:

kBm

Distinguished Member
Stuart Hazell, partner of Tia's grandmother Christine Sharp, has returned home after helping police with inquiries. He was not under arrest.
(From the BBC.)

The media do like to stick in irrelevant information to any news story, take the Daily Mail, article about the Step Dad making a plea, choose to include the fact he's a convicted drug dealer. That's going to help with the search...:rolleyes:

bosque

Novice Member
(From the BBC.)

The media do like to stick in irrelevant information to any news story, take the Daily Mail, article about the Step Dad making a plea, choose to include the fact he's a convicted drug dealer. That's going to help with the search...:rolleyes:
The Mail reports the grandmother's boyfriend is a convicted crack cocaine dealer. Is the stepfather also a convicted drug dealer ?

walleee

The same place everyone else does,or don't you watch the news?

I watch it, but it said her grandmother was the last to see her, didn't mention a mobile phone what so ever, and isn't the entire point of the investigation that she walked from her grandmothers and hasn't been seen since?

So how you know 'she walked from there to croydon' is beyond me, when the police havn't a clue where she is.....

Don't worry - you've clarified from where your coming...

:smashin:

SBT

Banned
I watch it, but it said her grandmother was the last to see her, didn't mention a mobile phone what so ever, and isn't the entire point of the investigation that she walked from her grandmothers and hasn't been seen since?

So how you know 'she walked from there to croydon' is beyond me, when the police havn't a clue where she is.....

Not sure what news you've been watching.But the reports here from the start have said she left her Grandmother's house to walk to the whitgift centre(Croydon) to buy shoes.The Grandmother's boyfriend,the last person to see her,gave her the money.The mobile phone was mentioned because like most girls her age,she always had her mobile with her.This day she left it at the house to charge.As to the CCTV,early reports said there was no sign of her.Obviously they couldn't have looked at it all yet as Croydon is full of cameras.I suspect they looked at the route she was supposed to have made and there were no signs of her.

MarkR

So how you know ' she walked from there to croydon' is beyond me, when the police havn't a clue where she is.....

BBC News - Tia Sharp: Uncle makes plea for missing Croydon girl

Second paragraph confirms where she was going and it was Croydon.

No mobile confirmation is in the last paragraph.

I had to post this as it does clearly state and back up what SBT is saying is true