1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Missing from the Oscars...

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by Stuart Wright, Mar 26, 2002.

1. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright
    AVForums Founder Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,420
    Where was the 'in memorium' piece showing a montage of clips or photos of people who passed this year?
    Not being morbid, but I always liked this item because it gave me the opportunity to both put names to faces (there are so many actors who we recongnise but don't know much about) and catch up with actors I do know but didn't know had died.
    IMDB is ok but it doen't filter out the 'unknown' people or have photos for everyone.

2. encaser

encaser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    Kevin Spacey introduced it after the minute silence for Sept 11th - a 'movie minute' at that, i.e. less than, with even the stars surprised, quite surreal. Jack Lemon et al being put up. I was annoyed at their lack of British film and film involved stars. The BAFTA's was rather touching and had many very memorable people, though not to the Yanks obviously.
    Woody Allen did the lets salute New York bit but I further noticed they managed to adeptly fail to show the twin towers in any film clips of the 'wonderful' place - seems insulting to the fallen to me to pass them by, quite shameful. Still they did have that aforementioned 20 second or so silence...