Missing Freesat Channels

Bob793

Novice Member
Hi Folks,
First time poster and complete novice here so please be gentle with me!

I've just replaced my old Humax Freesat Box with the New Arris Freesat Box.

Over the last few years, certain channels disappeared from my Humax box (Pick, Food Channel, D-Max). I had hoped they'd comeback with my new Arris Box. Unfortunately having installed my new Arris box I'm in the same position (no Pick, Food Channel, D-Max etc.). Just the same "no-video" message. All the other channels work find (as they did with my Humax).

Any thoughts?

Could it be at the Satellite Dish end (the lnb)? (the existing one is probably 12+ years old)
Is it easy to replace the lnb (never done it before. Just buy a "wideband lnb"? Attach it at the same angle as the old one? Screw in the cables?)

Any help and guidance greatly welcomed. Thanks in advance

grahamlthompson

Distinguished Member
Hi Folks,
First time poster and complete novice here so please be gentle with me!

I've just replaced my old Humax Freesat Box with the New Arris Freesat Box.

Over the last few years, certain channels disappeared from my Humax box (Pick, Food Channel, D-Max). I had hoped they'd comeback with my new Arris Box. Unfortunately having installed my new Arris box I'm in the same position (no Pick, Food Channel, D-Max etc.). Just the same "no-video" message. All the other channels work find (as they did with my Humax).

Any thoughts?

Could it be at the Satellite Dish end (the lnb)? (the existing one is probably 12+ years old)
Is it easy to replace the lnb (never done it before. Just buy a "wideband lnb"? Attach it at the same angle as the old one? Screw in the cables?)

Any help and guidance greatly welcomed. Thanks in advance

The lnb fittings on the new dishes are different. In addition to replacing the lnb you would need a legacy adaptor.

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom