1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Missing free space % on Sky+

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Scapegoat, Nov 19, 2004.

1. Scapegoat

Scapegoat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +127
    My Sky planner is displaying less free space available than it should. With no programmes at all on the planner it displays 96% (you can actually see a small section of the bar is in a different colour).

I have performed a number of resets and a software download - but have had no success in making this available again - Any ideas?

It seemed to happend when a programme failed to record - when the failed programme was deleted (the 'i' said 0% used though) it didn't seem to clear the space.

Finally more recently I have more issues with programmes recording poorly i.e. when playing back the picture freezes and the only way to clear is to exit and re-start from the planner using the user defined minutes and edging forward minute by minute until it plays again. Is anyone experiecning this?

Cheers

2. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    No, I'm not. If you have nothing on the drive, go to the "hidden menu" (Services, 4, 0, 1, Select), then you will have the option of re-initialising the planner. This might do the trick. If it doesn't, it sounds like your hard drive may be about to fail.

3. dsk19s

dsk19s

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    as to what nick said phone sky + tech sounds as if you need a planner rebuild quite common..

4. nostro1

nostro1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Scapegoat sounds like your hardrive is on the way out.
    Exactly the same thing happened with me, you can try a complete reset 4, 0, 1 seclect and then 8, this will reformat the drive so you will lose all your programs.
    I am now on my 4th replacement Sky + box but one tip the engineer gave me was to switch off the Instant rewind. This saves a lot of mileage on the hard drive and thus extend its life. Hope it works.