Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

missing end of progs

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by obiwan, Nov 25, 2003.

1. obiwan

obiwan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I remember reading a thread about plus missing the recordings of the ends of progs, but I cant find it now.

This is still an issue with my box, what should I do now to have this resolved.

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975
    Bugger all you can do if one channel deliberately over runs it's programs to spoil the start of another which both the BBC and ITV are most guilty of.

Start and stop times are goverened by the EPG data each channel sends to the SKY+, so if you set zero padding and every program is in it's correct timeslot you should be fine, however in reality that is very rare at least on the terrestrial channels.

I use the automatic padding settings which are very reliable for the majority of channels, some I know might overrun (Sport, Live events, Performance, MTV) so I then use the manual timer.

3. John

John

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,894
    there is a option under "sky+ set up" in "services" to add time onto the start and end of recording . not ideal but always used to do it with my old vcr:smashin:

(beat me to it . diet coke break could have waited:rotfl: )