Missing Channels

mark027

Standard Member
I recently moved to student accommodation in Liverpool, L18 and tried tuning in the television to find it only finds 12 freeview channels. This has been the case for almost 2 weeks now. When I was at home in Preston I had no such problem.
I have got an LG LCD tv with built in freeview and a John Lewis UHF/VHF amplified indoor aeriel.

Can anyone suggest anything?

And before anyone asks, yes I have read this thread
http://www.avforums.com/forums/freeview/945922-missing-channels.html
but I didn't see anything that could solve my problem.

Thanks,
Mark.

Last edited:

BigCam

Established Member
Hi :hiya:
Welcome to the Forums :)
Can you check in the TV menu options what your "Signal Strength" is
Its possible that the Indoor aerial is not adequate enough for that area only just receiving the stronger channels
Could also try a retune now as theres been transmitter changes to see if your situation has improved any
BigCam

Last edited:

mark027

Standard Member
The signal often goes and won't come back for a while. But when it's working it's usually around 76% which was fine for receiving all the channels when I was at home.

Would buying another aeriel be helpful?

fernandez

Distinguished Member
The Wolfbane results for L18 recommended an Amplified extra hi-gain no matter which transmitter you use.

Bear in mind that this is based on an aerial mounted outdoors at a height of 10M clear of obstructions - something which you're clearly not going to
achieve.
UK digital TV reception predictor

What you received in Preston has, unfortunately, little bearing on your current situation.
Indoor aerials are hit and miss at the best of times

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom