1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Missing Cahnnel Guide

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows' started by bigdic, Oct 24, 2005.

1. bigdic

bigdic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Ok, so I've built the machine (slowly) I've installed MCE2005 (amazingly) I've centred the screen (dull dull dull) and started playing with my new toy, but I struck a problem or two.

1. I can download the guide but it won't give me program details for STV, or STV2 and also E4. Which is a major pain in the ass, I'd like this sorted before my good lady finds out :lease: anyone have any ides why?

2. I put it in standby using the remote but it doesn't record properly, it'll record the program but it'll always be corrupt or a tuner failure!

Arghhhhhhh

2. hutters

hutters

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    MCE doesn't always match the guide info with the tuned channels so you just need to match them up:

settings > TV > Guide > Manually add channels to listing > Select the channel & select the listing

What tuner card are you using?

3. bigdic

bigdic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Using 2 blackgold cards, I had a look through the listings and couldn't see any that matched the missing channels. Real pain in the ass, especially when someone wants corrie taped!

4. hutters

hutters

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    I have 2 black gold cards, but only one currently installed because of the loss of signal problem that you are suffering with aswell.

To rectify this I've bought a powered amp/splitter to boost the signal when I split it out to the two cards. I've not had a chance to get it installed and try it yet, but I know of someone else's success on the forum.

5. markxtc123

markxtc123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
  6. bigdic

bigdic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Ok, I don't think I've explained the problems very clearly. I can see all the channels but it tells me there is no data available in the guide.

Also I use a powered splitter (after going through 3 non-powered splitters which are just pish) and it works ok but won't solve a crap signal problem cos you're still only amplifying a crap signal. I've decided to pay a pro to install a proper ariel on thr roof, rather than the B&Q attic jobbie I currently have. Not sure if this'll make any difference to the record problems though.

On a brighter note though..... I can pause live TV :thumbsup: How cool is that?

(Wonders if he'll ever get used to it)

7. hutters

hutters

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    Did you try this? If the guide shows the channel, but says "No data available" this will [should] solve your problem.

Just to be clear: go to the main MCE menu, click settings, then click TV, then click Guide, then click Manually add channels to listing...

8. bigdic

bigdic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I tried that, but it's not giving me a listing to match them to.

9. wshuttes

wshuttes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have you got Rollup 2 installed.

I have just installed it and have the exact same problem you are having.

I have had a look around for a fix and it seems like there are only two things to do.

1. uninstall rollup 2

if that dont work.

2. re-install from scrath but dont install rollup 2.

I am about to try option 1. fingers crossed. fortunately i have an image of the build before i install the rollup 2 so shouldn't be to bad if it fails.

Regards,
    Wes