Missing BBC Channels in Freeview after Re-install.

G

gazmix

Hi

I live in a city center & had all channels on my Freeview set top box. I needed to move the tv & freeview box to fit a carpet.

I then set the tv & freeview box up & did a 1st time installation & now can get all channels except all BBC channels including Radio.

I've tried to do a 1st time installation many times & after it updates, my guide starts at 3(ITV).
All was ok yesterday.

Help appreciated!

Gaz

Why on earth did you do a first time install? Both devices would have remembered the channels they'd tuned before you unplugged and moved them and would have just worked as before when you reconnected them.

The City would be relevant for specific advice. We assume a roof, loft mounted or communal aerial is used as room aerials seldom provide reliable reception for most locations.

Check all aerial cables and plugs/sockets for damage and poor connections.

Check if you have TV stations stored in the 800s on the devices. That may indicate reception from two transmitters and the need for a manual tune. http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/how_do_i_switch/connections__and__retuning/retuning_instructions

I've called digital uk & they say to try an install with no aerial plugged in to wipe the channel list & then do it again with the aerial in. If nothing happens, then try a manual setup.

I'm wondering if it could be a transmitter problem as i think there are more than 1 in my area!

Do you need my postcode to help further?, it would be nice to know what transmitter i'm using.

DigitalUk say to fresh install with no aerial & then with an aerial.

Do you need my postcode to help further?, it would be nice to know what transmitter i'm using.

DigitalUk say to fresh install with no aerial & then with an aerial.
There's no harm in following their advice.

A postcode would help but we advise against posting publicly in the forum... which is why I asked for a nearby one. You may PM me with your own if you feel happy to do so. If someone says "I live in Kingswood, Bristol" I'll find the local post office postcode (BS15 8PN in this example) to check the digitaluk trade view predictions. It's usually good enough, but greater accuracy can be beneficial.

Ok, i have done wht digital uk said by removing the antenna & doing an install to claer the memopry, then insering the antenna & installing again with no luck.

Ive tried a manual install by adding ch 27 which is the BBC ones & again, no luck, it cannot find any BBC channels. #

Rodders, i am more or less S1, cheers.

Back online tomorrow.

The Moor post office/co-op predictions are Postcode Checker - Trade View
for reception from the Sheffield (Crosspool) transmitter OR Emley Moor. These two are, typically, the most likely to be used throughout Sheffield. The Premier Inn postcode gets Postcode Checker - Trade View

For Sheffield the aerial would have the short cross-rods along the longer horizontal boom arm connecting them vertical. For Emley the cross rods would be horizontal as well as the boom. A picture example is Aerials, TV Aerial and Digital Aerial

If you can't see the aerial to identify which polarisation it uses, I'd suggest another rescan with aerial out and then manually scan for Emley Moor: 47 BBC, 44 ITV rather than 27 and 24 for Sheffield. If those then work you can add the 3 COM mux frequencies as well.

If it is pointing to Sheffield then you need to look for damaged cables and connections to the aerial system, either in the home or outside. (A tiny whisker of outer screen braid wire close to the centre conductor especially can give odd frequency-related effects; as can a kink or crushed wire).

A.T.V (Aerials And Television) TV Aerial, DAB Aerial, FM Aerial. has a wealth of useful advice.

Could this be one of the old digital TV boxes which works OK until they are retuned?

Could this be one of the old digital TV boxes which works OK until they are retuned?
I'm assuming not, as DSO retunes were required in August (Sheffield) or September (Emley Moor) and would have caused an issue then ?

However, knowing the make and model of the box in question could be useful.

gazmix said:
Its an Acoustic solutions freeview box like this one :-

Redirect Notice

You need to give the model no.
It's on a label on the rear or bottom of the unit.
In a case like this a picture is of no use.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom