Missing Battlestar Galactica Booklet?

Indiana Jones

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
I decided to buy the Region 2 Battlestar Galactica Boxset today from Tesco for just under £35.

Have to say I wasent happy in the way they keep the discs in cardboard sleeves and when I got out of the store I checked and all 7 discs had fingerprint marks and were scratched. I also noticed that there was no BSG leaflet which I was sure was ment to be in there, instead there was just a red booklet.

I took it back and asked for a different set and the other set was just as scratched up and the only extra thing it had was a leaflet advertising the Sci-Fi Channel Battlestar Galactica Mini Series.

I rang around and found another store that had a sealed copy of Battlestar Galactica so went and got it.

Opened it up and guess what, still no BSG leaflet, just the red booklet, not even the Sci-Fi advert leaflet.

Before I do anything else, can anyone confirm that the Region 2 release should have a leaflet which gives a run down of the episodes in the set as this might be a packaging error and if so I will try and contact the company that is producing it and see if they can send me the missing leaflets, might seem a little stupid but when I buy something I expect to get everything I should be getting.

As far as I can tell the region 2 does not come with the booklet you are refering to. Only the region 1 version does... I already strated a thread on this subject, but never got a definitive answer...

Originally posted by Lex
As far as I can tell the region 2 does not come with the booklet you are refering to. Only the region 1 version does... I already strated a thread on this subject, but never got a definitive answer...

I bought the standard 7 disc boxset, not the cyclon head set.

Also, you said in your post on that thread "there is a booklet (if you can call it that) with the title and credits of each episode listed. There is also a pamphlet advertising the new series, another pamphlet advertising the BS game, and a catalogue of other TV Series' available on DVD"
All my set has is the "catalogue of other TV Series' available on DVD", I am missing everything else so I think its safe to say the set I bought was incorrectly packed.

Originally posted by Indiana Jones
I bought the standard 7 disc boxset, not the cyclon head set.

They are identical apart from the packaging - The limited set is just the standard seven disc set in a cylon head. You have been really unlucky to have 3 sets incorrectly packed! :thumbsdow

I thought that because the first 2 sets were already opened up that someone had just taken out the leaflets/booklets and dumped them but to go all the way to another Tesco store for a sealed set and to find it also empty was annoying to say the least.

Anyway, I found the Universal-Playback website and have sent them an email about my problem, hopefully they will get back to me before the weekend, if not I might give them a phone call.

I know people might find it strange to raise all this fuss over some leaflets but like I said before, if I buy something I expect to get the same product as everyone else, they have incorrectly packed it so I want what is missing.

Originally posted by Indiana Jones
I know people might find it strange to raise all this fuss over some leaflets but like I said before, if I buy something I expect to get the same product as everyone else, they have incorrectly packed it so I want what is missing.

I totally agree. However, I suspect that they will just advise you to take it back to where you bought it from... :rolleyes:

lol knowing my luck that is exactly what they say and if they do, I will just take it back, get a refund and wait until I can buy it off someone second hand, at least that way I know I will be getting everything that I should.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom