1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Missing Battlestar Galactica Booklet?

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Indiana Jones, Feb 18, 2004.

1. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,377
    I decided to buy the Region 2 Battlestar Galactica Boxset today from Tesco for just under £35.

Have to say I wasent happy in the way they keep the discs in cardboard sleeves and when I got out of the store I checked and all 7 discs had fingerprint marks and were scratched. I also noticed that there was no BSG leaflet which I was sure was ment to be in there, instead there was just a red booklet.

I took it back and asked for a different set and the other set was just as scratched up and the only extra thing it had was a leaflet advertising the Sci-Fi Channel Battlestar Galactica Mini Series.

I rang around and found another store that had a sealed copy of Battlestar Galactica so went and got it.

Opened it up and guess what, still no BSG leaflet, just the red booklet, not even the Sci-Fi advert leaflet.

Before I do anything else, can anyone confirm that the Region 2 release should have a leaflet which gives a run down of the episodes in the set as this might be a packaging error and if so I will try and contact the company that is producing it and see if they can send me the missing leaflets, might seem a little stupid but when I buy something I expect to get everything I should be getting.

2. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    As far as I can tell the region 2 does not come with the booklet you are refering to. Only the region 1 version does... I already strated a thread on this subject, but never got a definitive answer...

3. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,377
    I bought the standard 7 disc boxset, not the cyclon head set.

Also, you said in your post on that thread "there is a booklet (if you can call it that) with the title and credits of each episode listed. There is also a pamphlet advertising the new series, another pamphlet advertising the BS game, and a catalogue of other TV Series' available on DVD"
    All my set has is the "catalogue of other TV Series' available on DVD", I am missing everything else so I think its safe to say the set I bought was incorrectly packed.

4. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    They are identical apart from the packaging - The limited set is just the standard seven disc set in a cylon head. You have been really unlucky to have 3 sets incorrectly packed! :thumbsdow

5. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,377
    I thought that because the first 2 sets were already opened up that someone had just taken out the leaflets/booklets and dumped them but to go all the way to another Tesco store for a sealed set and to find it also empty was annoying to say the least.

Anyway, I found the Universal-Playback website and have sent them an email about my problem, hopefully they will get back to me before the weekend, if not I might give them a phone call.

I know people might find it strange to raise all this fuss over some leaflets but like I said before, if I buy something I expect to get the same product as everyone else, they have incorrectly packed it so I want what is missing.

6. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I totally agree. However, I suspect that they will just advise you to take it back to where you bought it from... :rolleyes:

7. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,377
    lol knowing my luck that is exactly what they say and if they do, I will just take it back, get a refund and wait until I can buy it off someone second hand, at least that way I know I will be getting everything that I should.