• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Missed the boat - best TV 55'' under 1K in the UK

mjwatling

Standard Member
Hi all,

Anyone know where I can get either a KS8000 or a DX902B from a reputable online dealer with stock?? been searching and can't find anything.

Been reading the posts in this forum and settled on KS8000/DX902B - but can't find any stock :(

So if these are gone and missed the boat - whats the next best TV from a reputable dealer in stock?

Mainly for watching SKY, PS4PRO Games, Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Thanks in advanced.
Mark.

Dodgexander

Hi Mark, stock is hard to find now but you might find some knocking around lesser known retailers or as open box/refurbs/ex display. Have a search on Google shopping or idealo and refurb sections on websites such as richer sounds.

Have you considered the curved versions like the KS7500 or KS9000 instead? They sell out later so availability might be better. The LG B6 OLED has sold out most places to but you might find a C6 still which is the curved version.

I know most people don't like curve but in all honesty it's not that bad and the curve is very slight. If you view curved tv's in a store you'd have a good idea.

But the 2016 models are thin on the ground and are starting to get hard to find. Whilst they are selling out due to great prices the 2017 models are generally still overpriced. If you can't find a good deal on a 2016 model you might consider holding off your purchase to a later date. Historically tv prices start to get reduced after black Friday and toward the January sales. They then go up in price briefly and reach their lowest just before and during the release of new models in spring. As they are the cheapest at this time it's the best time to buy. However they are cheap because retailers are clearing stock so you have to be careful not to leave it too late. You also don't want to buy too early, unless of course you get a price match agreement within a certain amount of time.

Last edited:

blaugrana69

Established Member
Hi all,

Anyone know where I can get either a KS8000 or a DX902B from a reputable online dealer with stock?? been searching and can't find anything.

Been reading the posts in this forum and settled on KS8000/DX902B - but can't find any stock :(

So if these are gone and missed the boat - whats the next best TV from a reputable dealer in stock?

Mainly for watching SKY, PS4PRO Games, Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Thanks in advanced.
Mark.
Richer Sounds currently have refurb 55KS8000 in their online clearance - £999.
I bought the 49" from RS last week for around £700 including a "VIP" code, although obviously not new (used box, ect) it's fortunately not got any of the light bleed issues. To date, bearing in mind I was considering the 2017 Sony XE90 at £500 more, I think I might have got a bit of a bargain.
If you look at the KS8000/9000 owners thread on here you'll note there's a number of people reporting light bleed issues with the KS9000. I could have had the 49 inch version for £650, I was tempted but decided to go with the 8000. John Lewis were also selling off the 9000 but, again, I'm seeing reported issues with the panels.
I'm not saying the 8000 are better but recent reports do seem to suggest more issues with the 9000 in particular re light bleed. It is however a complete lottery so even buying new rather than refurbished is still a risk, that partly informed my decision to take a gamble on the 49 refurbished.

mjwatling

Standard Member
Thank you both for the advice and time taken to Reply!!!

Have ordered the refurb one from richer sounds!

Fingers crossed no scratches.

Best
Mark

dawson001

Established Member
Hisense M7000 @ £599 through Richer Sounds

oasismark

Distinguished Member
I get my KS8000 refurb tomorrow morning!

Hoping its not too damaged or faulty in anyway.

will be my 5th tv ive tried

oasismark

Distinguished Member
Arrived today. Very impressed already and not set up properly yet. Secret Life Of Pets in UHD is stunning.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom