Misleading offers

dj_padd

Prominent Member
Reaction score
How much would you expect to pay for these 2 pairs of water shoes?

Attachments

• 1403460701578.jpg
    1403460701578.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 393
  • 1403460710668.jpg
    1403460710668.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 374
Is this a trick question? Lol

What arenaman said.. why does it look misleading to you?

Ahhhh, I see the small print. So can only have two of the same colour?

14 quid... :(

Ahhhh, I see the small print. So can only have two of the same colour?

I think that's probably the issue, seems to me it is the same product, just a different colour, very petty if they refuse to sell 2 different coloured pairs for £11

It's not a trick question. I was charged £14.
The reason being one is a womans shoe the other is a men's and was told the offer only worked when buying 2 women's or 2 men's.
This picture shows the fixture I got them from and there are different colours and styles for women/men all jumbled about and they all have the 2 for £11 label.
My issue was that it is not stated anywhere that you had to buy 2 men's.
In fact I didn't even know one of the pairs was women's

Attachments

• 1403461674113.jpg
    1403461674113.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 305
They had the same on some trousers and it was the same item just different colour, think the mix n match is say the trousers where 2 for 11 and the shoes were 2 for £11 then you could't get one of each

so, what happened?

They had the same on some trousers and it was the same item just different colour, think the mix n match is say the trousers where 2 for 11 and the shoes were 2 for £11 then you could't get one of each
I would understand that you couldn't mix trousers with shoes and that's what I thought the small writing on the 2 for £11 tag (which are generic and used on various products) was for but not having the offer across the same type is shoe is a bit silly and I believe confusing

This is pure BS, name and shame these scoundrels......wait, why did you pay more than you expected I'd have walked out and bought them elsewhere.

This is pure BS, name and shame these scoundrels......wait, why did you pay more than you expected I'd have walked out and bought them elsewhere.
I also bought other items so didn't realise until i checked the receipt on the way out.
I argued my case with a manager but time was against me as I needed to pick my son up.
It was sports direct and I'm taking it up via Facebook and twitter

Twitter rants to Ashley @ Sports Direct should work. Good luck!

theres no way I would have left without my cash...I know you were in a rush, but I always check the receipts - as I've been ripped off by supermarkets too many times in the past (namely the small local ones like the spar and co-op) - as the last one - the co-op in stanhope...

they had 2 items for 3 quid (or something) - or 1.75 each - and this was part of their indian snack range (onion bhajis, samosa's etc) - but you could only buy 2 items of the same...wtf?

I kicked off - didn't buy them tho, but sen the HQ an email and they sent me a credit note for 10 quid...I went back and bought wine with it... if they had of said anything then haha..!

I shop in Sports Direct. I often see those labels. But its quite obvious when it says 'same product' so I know not to mix and match products, but you can mix sizes, colours and (often) styles.

Sports Direct has advertising method that is from a different world.

We have seen items with say 30% off but the numeric price reduction is only 25%. We questioned and they wouldn't budge. Said the 30% sign was wrong.

I'm sure it wasn't though. I think they do it deliberately knowing that most won't bother to do the maths.

Even so, I would have thought the safe way to play that scam would be to apologise to those that spotted the error rather than piss them off and risk being reported.

Cheers,

Nigel

Now I'm a serial complainer but I don't think even I could be chewed to follow this up

I shop in Sports Direct. I often see those labels. But its quite obvious when it says 'same product' so I know not to mix and match products, but you can mix sizes, colours and (often) styles.
That's the same impression I was under.
But as you can see in the picture all the colours/styles/sizes and gender are all together so i would expect to be able to choose any of the products on that picture for £11.
It would of been sightly different if they had there own section but they were all jumbled up in the same place.

You are right, it is misleading. But they should refund if someone has bought them in error - especially at the time.
Poor show really. Probably just the right side of legal, but awful PR.

Am I the only one to think that it's not misleading? It clearly states;

'This product only
not a mix and match offer'

('This product only' is even underlined and enlarged)

By mixing colours or sizes, you are 'mixing' and/ or 'matching' aren't you?

As soon as I saw the above text on the tag, I thought that £14 would be the correct charge tbh. I'm honestly not trying to be a pedant, but that's how I see it. If I was unclear, I would have asked at the till, and if not happy, not purchased them.

But what constitutes 'this product'. I bought some items in different colours and they were fine (similar terms).

If they have the same name, you would assume them to be the same product.

But a refund should have been forthcoming as he hadn't even left the shop don't you think?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom