1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mision 773e's with a Denon 1803, any good?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by silentbob, Jul 11, 2003.

Tags:
  1. silentbob

silentbob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Anyone have any experience of Mission 773e's and the Denon 1803 AV amp?

They are knocking around at very decent prices at the moment, wondered if anyone already had a similar setup.

2. damtom1

damtom1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I,ve a 3803 with Mission Front speakers (M74i).I also had a 3802,with M733i..Both sounded good.

3. hamtaro

hamtaro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have the 1802 with 2 pairs of mission 773e,s and 77c centre and im well impressed. my kit; panasonic Q , pioneer dvl 500, denon avr 1802, mission 773e x2, mission 77c, velodyne vx10, sony projector.

4. silentbob

silentbob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Hamtaro, I noticed you're packing a sub in with your system. Hows the bass without (I have a relatively small room) - as I am currently suffering from severe woofer envy.

5. Orbital

Orbital

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Silentbob,

I've had my 773e's for what must be about 2 years now and one of the things you notice about them quite early on is that they do lack slightly in the bass department. Partner them up with a decent sub (Servo 15 in my case) and you'll be well away.

Saying that a decent sub should be right up there on anybodys HC list really as the LFE in movies adds so much to the enjoyment it would be a crime to miss out.

Cheers

Dave

6. hamtaro

hamtaro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    silent bob, i went a year without a sub, and i found it adequete at the time. but with a sub its a different story. the vx 10 is powerfull enough for my front room, i only have the volume set half way and that is sometimes too much.

7. silentbob

silentbob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Hmmm, I had been hoping to squeeze some more low end from my 773e's with some meaty / quality amplification. Increasingly I am coming to the conclusion that maybe this isn't going to happen.

After I posted this, I started looking harder at what I wanted buy. And felt that I will probably end up buying an amp a notch up (i.e. Denon AVR2802 or Marantz SR5300). Am am now in a quandary as to whether to spend less on my amp and try and grab a sub.

Arrrgrgggghhhh!!! Whys this stuff so complicated? :)

Any good cheap online sub retailers?

8. bob1

bob1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +128
    Same here i used mine for abot 2 years without a sub,i now find them a little light in the bass.

9. jhjerpe

jhjerpe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Go for a sub! It's a must for the home cinema experience. I have a set of B&W 603's which aren't exactly lacking in bass.... but when I was subless for 24 hours I realised how much of the cinema sound came from the sub.