MIRRORS- Is any good?

GYRODEC1

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all film fans,

I'm thinking of going and seeing the horror film Mirrors starring Kiefer Sutherland. I have seen the trailers at the cinema, and it seems to be pretty good. Has anybody seen it and is it worth going and seeing?

Cheers

:)

I couldn't really say without giving it away.

In terms of Horror/suspense = 8
In terms of Story = 7
In terms of Resolution/Ending = 4 Spoiler
. I swear, i don't even think the Director knew what he was doing when he did this, he probably just thought on the day, 'hey that would be a cool ending, lets do that' Have Keifer Sutherland appear trapped behind the mirrors, after having finally killed the spirit? :rolleyes:

Saw this last night and thought it was enjoyable enough whilst watching it. However, I had the exact same issue as nitram100 regarding the ending.

Spoiler:

Surely the whole point of taking the crazy woman back to the store was to release the spirits, so why was Ben Carson then stuck in a mirror at the end? Didn't make any sense to me. After all, when Anna Esseker absorbed her spirit back all the others souls got released surely - hence the breaking of all the mirrors in the store? Or am I missing something. Weak ending imo.

What people don't seem to remember or know is that this is a remake of the Korean film "Into the Mirror", and is (I'll put this in spoilers just in case) -
pretty much the exact same ending as the original

Last edited:
What people don't seem to remember or know is that this is a remake of the Korean film "Into the Mirror", and is (I'll put this in spoilers just in case) -
pretty much the exact same ending as the original

Sweet, youve saved me the trouble of watching the Asian original, if the ending is the same.

But it's a much better film mate than the US remake, totally different

I only watched this one because of Jack Bauer ...i mean Kiefer. Im not much of a fan of Asian horror. The only one ive ever enjoyed was The Eye (Asian Original)

Rent it for the bathroom scene :thumbsup:

The film is not a keeper IMO.

Absolute garbage. All the best bits were either in the trailer or in the ten minute preview that was online. Keifer's acting was laughable. I was expecting so much more from Alex Aja. :thumbsdow

That was nasty! :rotfl:

It had a few jump moments (for me anyway :rolleyes:) Apart from that, average.

yes it has a few jumpy moments, i watched it alone in the wee small hours made me jump a couple of times :smashin:
nothing more to add that hasn't already been said, film over all is average.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom