Mirror's Edge, Prince Of Persia, Little Big Planet ?

m4rkie23

Prominent Member
Reaction score
wondering what the next game purchase will be?

all around the £15-£20 mark.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm - any thoughts/recommendations from someone who has played all three would be appreciated.

:smashin:

LBP is the only one of those which I liked really, my GOTY.

Only played Demo of Mirrors Edge, recommend you try it yourself as it's on PS Store still.

POP looks really nice, has an interesting story but I found the gameplay really boring, and the combat, if you can call it that, rubbish.

go with the reviews on this one markie - lbp.

If you don't like it in it's current state I guess you could come back to it later in the year and soak up all the brand new content. Mind you if you fail to fall in love with the mgs dlc there's something spectacularly wrong with you :D

Mirrors Edge:
Well worth £15 for me. A beautiful game with an innovative control system that is well worth picking up, especially if you like new ideas. It can get pretty frustrating though.

Little Big Planet:
For me, a MUST buy for the PS3. Fantastic 2.5D platformer that is as cute as a button with some really very cool additions. Beautifully designed with gorgeous colourful scenery and a central character that is funky and cute. Some quirks in the platforming but if you like 2d platformers go for it. Personally I love the amazing level designer which is fun to use and really powerful, although you do have to properly sit down and take a while over your design to make sure it's playable.

Can't advise on PoP sorry :(

i thought the majority would say LBP.

think thats the one then!!!!!!!!

LBP, POP and ME in that order, jmho.:thumbsup:

Yep. Spot on :smashin:
LBP is a must, it's good you're getting that.
Prince of Persia is a second must, the game can get quite frustrating at times but overall it's pretty damn good.
Mirror's Edge gets mixed reviews. Some say it's fantastic, others say just rent it. Try out the demo first, see what you think :thumbsup:

Yeah, i didnt know there was a mirrors edge playable demo on psn. will give that a shot later!
better look for a LBP bargain now then.

cheers mate.

im currently 55% through Uncharted so it wont be for atleast a week or so im after one, but i think LBP is first on the list then.

uncharted is unbelievably graphically! such an involving game (never played it before the weekend) and visually stunning! guna spend a bit of time doing it, and will prob go back and do it on hard.....might go for the platinum....hmmmm

I had a similar choice....ME or PoP and from what I've been told/read ME is only worth a rent as it can be 'done' in a cpl of hours. So I've gone for PoP, will trade that in for Dead Space when I've finished it and rent ME

Enjoying PoP after the first level but I've just been told I'll probably lose interest after another level or two :rotfl: Getting a trophy for starting the game made me chuckle too :)

lbp is a total keeper tho, that game will evolve and become a monster.

went for LBP in the end and completed the story mode last night

LOVED the game. BRILLIANT in every way!

need to make my first level now. thanks for the input guys

I had a similar choice....ME or PoP and from what I've been told/read ME is only worth a rent as it can be 'done' in a cpl of hours. So I've gone for PoP, will trade that in for Dead Space when I've finished it and rent ME

Enjoying PoP after the first level but I've just been told I'll probably lose interest after another level or two :rotfl: Getting a trophy for starting the game made me chuckle too :)

lbp is a total keeper tho, that game will evolve and become a monster.

PoP gets frustrating after a while. I got this for Xmas. The trophies are hilarious - like you say, you get them for stupidly easy things, and there's about 60 of them :D
I'm also going to rent Mirror's Edge, but try and get all the trophies on it. Anyone know how hard the trophies are on that game?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom