Mirror's Edge - Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reviews coming in- GT 8.3 and IGN 7.4 just what I thought or expected.
Liked the demo, good gfx and sound and a good twist on the game play but one that would get very repetitive and feel old quite quickly I think. :)

IGN say the PS3 one is slightly better and gave the 360 a 7.3 but there basically the same so it doesn't matter on what system you get it on, for the people who have a choice.

Gamespot 7.0

Last edited:

Moogle

Novice Member
Reviews coming in- GT 8.3 and IGN 7.4 just what I thought or expected.
Liked the demo, good gfx and sound and a good twist on the game play but one that would get very repetitive and feel old quite quickly I think. :)

IGN say the PS3 one is slightly better and gave the 360 a 7.3 but there basically the same so it doesn't matter on what system you get it on, for the people who have a choice.

Gamespot 7.0
I think it's a game worth playing but it's probably best to wait until the price comes down or their is a special offer on it somewhere. It's probably not worth normal retail price.

pbb76

Distinguished Member
Nobody got this yet? :(

After picking up COD5 at midnight and GH4 coming today, I may leave this a while now as people are bound to be trading it in soon.

I am really looking forward to it anyway and even if it is too short, I think the 'quick lap' leaderboards will be entertaining enough!

Robothamster

Distinguished Member
Nobody got this yet? :(

After picking up COD5 at midnight and GH4 coming today, I may leave this a while now as people are bound to be trading it in soon.

I am really looking forward to it anyway and even if it is too short, I think the 'quick lap' leaderboards will be entertaining enough!
Got it in my Tesco DVD rental queue :)

Not being a big games player outside of football and golf (and a bit of GTAiv) - This had me really intrigued so i picked up a copy this afternoon.

I won't have the chance to put it on til later this evening though so I'll let you know then what I think of it. :thumbsup:

CHRIS_76

Novice Member
I've been playing this on and off all day now and i'm really enjoying it. The action is frantic and being chased and shot at by cops, snipers and helicopters whilst legging it frantically away is exhilarating stuff. Just when it gets too much though you thankfully get calmer moments where jumping and platform skill are the order of the day. It's been inventive stuff so far though and apart from a few moments where you really need to think about how to actually get to where you need to go, it's been pretty smooth sailing so far and no swearing from me as yet :D I would also say that anyone thinking of turning the runner vision off, you might struggle to know where you need to be going as i've left it on and it still left me wondering where to go sometimes!

CAS FAN

Distinguished Member
I believed this has romped in with an almighty 5/10 in Edge 196.
Playr gave it a similar score as well and stated that it was more of a tech demo really. It's an interesting concept but I must admit that the demo didn't really grab me.

nbkicker33

Novice Member
im really loving this game, to me something fresh, now the concept is there i hope the developers make a follow up and add some extra features into the game. cant wait to see what the dlc for this game is

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom