• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Mirroring video from smart tv Samsung UE55F6800

melken

Novice Member
Hi everyone, I have been posed a question by a friend who has purchased the above tv and wishes to mirror or stream video content from this tv to 2 other tv's he has. The tv has one scart socket available so audio and I assume video ( composite ) available here. But these days scart is being phased out and I need to know what options , if any ,are available to acheive this function. As it is a Smart Tv he has installed an App which allows him to get music videos etc. and he wishes to relay this stream to other tv's. So is it possible to use any of the hdmi's or USB's to send video to other tvs. I think this is a reasonable question since many apps that can be loaded to phone and then Chrome casted to tv are also possible for smart tv but in this instance it is a TV that would be the the source and would need to provide a video output. This could then be taken via a HDMI splitter or indeed via a chromecast or similar connection. So has anyone got a solution to this problem?

next010

Distinguished Member
You cant, the TV does not have the capability to stream what your viewing on it to other devices*

In order to stream video to the other TV's the simplest thing to do is go buy a Chromecast for each one, give them different names and you can select which one you want to stream to.

HDMI splitters exist (look on amazon) that can take a HDMI input from a set top box and then clone it to multiple outputs, you could plug a Chromecast into that then run HDMI cables to the other TV's that would give the desired effect.

* A few smart TV's do have companion apps of sorts that sometimes allow the viewing of any over the air broadcasts that have been tuned in on the TV but only on a tablet /phone or some rare ones have a DLNA media server built in but those are encumbered by DRM (security) and unless the TV on the other end supports the same DRM it wont play the content.

melken

Novice Member
Thanks for prompt reply, I guess the answer is to run the app on a tablet or even phone and Chromecast it from there. Fundamental prob is that there is hdmi video out from the Smart tv.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom