Mirror TV - Any Good? If so which one?

J

johnpuri

I am going to be ordering a new Pioneer 427XD for the cinema room. However for the lounge I was thinking abut one of those Plasma/LCD TV's that look like mirror's when they are switched off.

Does anyone have any experience of these and what the picture/build quality and reliability is like? Is it just Philips and Mirro Media that do them? I have a budget of about £2500 (actual cost not rrp).

Any suggestions anyone? Thanks in advance.:thumbsup:

My only question is why? You wouldn't want your girlfriend spraying hairspray or getting lipstick all over your nice new plasma. And if you've got kids...

I can't imagine that the picture quality would be up to the best non-mirror brands.

It's only my opinion but I think they look naff :thumbsdow

HoTTdog said:
My only question is why? You wouldn't want your girlfriend spraying hairspray or getting lipstick all over your nice new plasma. And if you've got kids...

why would it get lipstick and hairspray on it in the lounge?

hornydragon said:
~Why on gods green earth would you get a 427 Pio for the "cinema room"???????????

How d'ya mean, HD? You think he should get bigger? :confused:

K.

The 427 will be in addition to a projector (either BENQ PE7700 or Panasonic PTAE900) and screen (motorised, but don't know which one yet).

Thanks Guys!!

still thin there are better displays either larger or not i will reserve final judgement till i have used/seen a 427 but its gonna have to be very special to better the rest thats out there and in a dual display system why buy a TV with tuner etc built in?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom