Mirror Platinum dvd-r

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by kenfowler3966, Nov 9, 2004.

1. kenfowler3966

kenfowler3966

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Has anyone else had problems with these? I bought 2 tubs of 25 and they are hopeless in the hs2, all needing 1 or 2 recover operations before they will accept a dub, and even then playback quality is very iffy towards the end of the media. I threw away 5 in a row last night that would not work after 4 attempts each, although the next one worked after one recover this morning.

Same problem with playback quality when recorded in the computer, although none were rejected as unusable.

2. mray

mray

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +223
    I've had a lot of these fail on the Panny, but the +r versions have been fine.

Maybe the Panasonic doesn't like these discs.

3. johnhugh

johnhugh
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've had similar problems with Mirror -R disks using them with the Sony GX3 recorder and burning on a Sony Viao desk top. I've found with a spindle 25 at least 5 didn't work. Also when the disks have recroded without any problems, I tried to play them a few weeks latter and some tend to stick towards the end.

Since then I've spent a couple more pounds on buying spindles of Maxell or Fuji without any problems.

john

4. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,268
    Mirror disks get a major :thumbsdow from me. They are the only branded disks where I have had a 100% long term failure rate (100 disks over 12 months) - virtually all burnt OK but they all failed. Burnt on the Panasonic E20, Panasonic HS2 and LG4040 PC burner.