Mirror Mirror: The Untold Adventures of Snow White Blu-ray Review

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD discs' started by The News Bot, Aug 13, 2012.

1. The News Bot

The News Bot
      News Supplying Robot

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +446
      Re-makes of Snow White have been many and varied over the years and when this one landed on the door mat, I inwardly groaned. I was expecting another soppy Disneyesque fairy tale, making no more than a passing nod to the Brothers Grimm. I need to say at the outset I was pleasantly surprised. This is genuinely a good family movie, one the kids liked as much as me. Ok, it’s not without its problems, but on the whole it is extremely watchable and entertaining.

Tarsem Singh is an Americanised Indian director who has made some impact in the industry, but with only a handful of titles over the last 10 years or so, he would hardly seem to be the person to persuade Julia Roberts to sign up to his latest venture. Yet in interviews she acknowledges that it was only after they met that she agreed to take the part. The rest of the cast is a little more “B List”, but they still put in a fine performance. Lily Collins is a perfect foil to evil queen Roberts and the...

Read the full review...