Mirai 32 LCD and Set Top Box

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by Killa-Angel, Dec 18, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Killa-Angel

Killa-Angel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi,

I need advice on something.

What it is i use a mirai 32" HDTV and a basic Homechoice STB. when connected to my HDTV its stretched and terrible picture especially when watching football because the players are so small.

I use a SCART to SCART. I want to enhance my picture by using a difference cabe. what would suit me best would it be. SCART to SCART gold, SCART to Component, SCART to VGA syc blaster or SCART to RGB.

I need my STB basically nice and crisp so what wire would suit me best i would think SCART to Component (ypbpr)

Would appreciate your advice guys, thanks alot

2. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,416
    I've split this out as it isn't about Technosonic.

You need to get into the menu of your Set Top Box and set it to output 16x9 (or "wide", or whatever they call it).

It will then do so, and should nicely fill your screen without distortion when the broadcast is a widescreen broadcast.

However, some programmes are still broadcast 4x3 (old "square" TV shape). The only correct way to watch these is with your TV in 4x3 mode, whereby there will be a vertical black bar at either side of the image.

You should also ensure that your signal between the two is being carried as RGB.

To get RGB you need all of these, otherwise you're getting composite
    - your source set to output RGB via the TV SCART
    - your TV connected to the source using a SCART cable with all 21 pins connected at both ends (or, at least, the RGB pins connected at both ends)
    - your SCART connected to the TV output on the source (not the VCR output, if it has one, as these typically only offer composite regardless of other settings)
    - your SCART connected to an input on the TV that will accept RGB - many TVs have only one such input
    - if necessary, your TV "instructed" to receive RGB via this input.

Now, do all of that and come back if you need to go further. Note: you WILL detect a difference when you switch between composite and RGB. If you do not, then you aren't doing it right.......

3. Killa-Angel

Killa-Angel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I removed pin 8 from my SCART because of the aspect ratio switching, and i cant get RGB anymore, I will get a new gold scart and is there anyway to stop the aspect switch without removing pin 8

4. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,416
    Pin 8 and RGB aren't related. The removal of Pin 8 should not have affected RGB.

5. kaboodle_fish

kaboodle_fish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Did you remove both pins from each end of the scart cable? I remember reading you had to do that otherwise the pic would be off colour.