• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

MIRAi 22" or Samsung 23"?

mleonard79

Standard Member
Hi everyone,

I'm looking to buy one of these two set - either the Mirai MIRAI DTL-522P100 or the Samsung LE23R71BX

The Tv is to used as both a Tv (hooked up to Sky) and a PC monitor and will be used with a PS2 for games as well so it needs to have good picture quality and be fast enough for games. It seems the Mirai is the only set I can find that is really made to double as a Tv and PC Monitor and I'm nearly convinced to get it but the fact I don't know the make is putting me off a little. What would you choose?

Also the cheapest price I can find the Mirai at is with a company called After Hours Computers - anyone bought stuff off them? Are they reliable? Thanks.

mleonard79

Standard Member
Hi andy,

Thanks but I've already plumped for the Mirai - to be honest the Samsung was coming in at £400 and was just a little over-budget. The Mirai looks very good quality though and the picture is excellent so I'm happy with the choice.

Regards

Michelle

mleonard79

Standard Member
Hi Hessian,

First impression wise I can just give you my basic thoughts as I'm no expert on LCD Tvs so I don't really have much to compare it with. To start with the set looks very classy. The picture, after a bit of tinkering with the settings, I think is really quite impressive. I've seen much worse pictures on big brand name models. The picture for Sky even when football is on is very clear and I've tried a DVD on it which gave a very good quality picture. If you're looking to know how it performs with games and stuff I can't really help as I don't play games - it's a present for my brother though so I'll report back once he's started playing games on it and hooked up his PC to it.

Regards

Michelle

mleonard79

Standard Member
Hi Sheppty,

I'd looked at the Hannsg 26" as well for my brother but the response time is 16ms or 18ms (it's different according to different sites so I'm not sure which is right!) and that put me off as my brother plays a lot of games and from talking to people on here and elsewhere I got the impression that response time is too slow for games really. I did like the look of it otherwise though.

Regards

Michelle

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom