mirai 22" Need Help With Settings!

mleonard79

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I've just bought a Mirai DTL522P100 for my brother for christmas. Could anyone who has this set help me with what the best settings to get the best picture are for this? I've never set up an LCD Tv before and I know that sometimes you need to really mess around with the settings to get it right.

I can't get to the display menu to adjust the brightness etc - it seems to be disabled or something. The book tells you to press menu and scroll until you get to it but the picture that matches up to it is just bypassed every time I do this. Any ideas how I can get to this menu to adjust the picture?

The set is hooked up to my sky+ box at the moment while I try to get this right but will be hooked up to a normal sky+ box, a PS2 and a PC when my brother gets it. Do you think I need to buy a better scart lead to get a better picture - it's just whatever scart lead Sky supplied that's hooked up to it now - is this good enough?

I've changed the settings on my Sky+ box to 16:9 and from PAL to RGB (I think that's helped a little.) Any help on how to get it right much appreciated. Thanks.

Regards

Michelle

i dont think the menu is disabled but if it like my Mirai you will have several settings. pressing menu on the remote should bring up the menu screen ( duh ) if you scool left or right you should be able to able to get to the User settings these arnt locked so you can adjust the contrast brightness etc etc. one thing you may want to try is to adjust the back light , this should be under settings and you should scool down to get to it have a look around untill you find the optio. bring it down to 1 or 2 . also try to turn some of the advanced settings off, for example the noise reduction and vertical sharpness option on mine is weak, colour temo is set to default. with the settings try setting everything at 1/2 then just slowy play with the brightness and contrast untill your happy with the picture. A gold plated scart lead will improve the quality of the picture, try asda they do one for about a fiver . hope this helps

Hi James,

Thanks for that - I've tried pressing every button from the menu screen and I just can't get to the settings you're talking about. The manual says that it's the 4 arrow buttons that work with the menu screen - I push the down or up arrows to get to the different menu options but the only ones that come up are Advance (in which the Noise Reduction is turned off), tv Setup, Audio and System. It just bypasses the other two pictures on the left-hand side of the menu the top one of which I know is the display settings so I'm totally confused!! It also bypasses the PC settings but I understand that as it's not connected to a PC. I don't think there is a vertical sharpness option on this model - there are two things under advanced (LTI and DCI) which are just grey and can't be adjusted so I don't know whether that means this set doesn't have these options.

Don't get me wrong the picture's pretty good compared to some LCD's I've seen in shops esp on Sky and on DVDs but I'd just like to be able to adjust the settings!!

I'll look into the gold scart at asda - thanks for the tip.

Regards

Michelle

glad to help, its one of those things, its really hard to explain what to do without actually seeing the tv. You should be able to adjust the contrast and brightness and i cant under stand why your not getting to! i dont hink its anything wrong wit the tv ( not calling you thick ) becuase it would be such a strange thing to be wrong , if you get my meaning. your right you cant adjust the vga settings without a pc plugged in. Your brother is quite the lucky boy !

If your DTL522P100 is like my 532W100 then the problem could be that you're in one of the preset picture settings. Mine has User/Vivid/Sports and others and you can only change settings while you're in User mode. But even then some settings are greyed out until I connect smth to component input.

I think on my remote it's the "Picture" button that cycles through the picture modes. Hope this helps.

Hi Andy,

I'm not at home at the moment so can't try it right now but the picture button does go through the vivid/user/sport/movies options and I think it's pre-set at vivid. What's the best of these settings to use? When I get back I'll put it on user and then try the menu and see if it works. Thanks for the tip. What do you find to be the best settings for your model?

Hi James - Yeah it is one of those wierd things that's probably really simple but isn't highlighted in the manual! I think Andy may have worked it out there so fingers crossed! And yes he is a lucky boy but it's a joint present from me and my mum as she wanted to treat him since he's helped her out so much this year. I just knew if I left this til Christmas morning I'd spend most of the day trying to work the damn settings out lol.

Regards

Michelle

Michelle,

I'm still playing with my settings. It's hard to find just one that suits me. I find that regular TV channels out of my Homechoice box are too saturated for my taste so I use User setting with saturation all the way down to 25. For movies out of my Freecom mediaplayer I use movie mode.

Actually there's a very good thread devoted to Mirai, you can find some user settings here:
http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3909458&highlight=saturation#post3909458

But I think it's all down to your personal preferences and depends very much on the source of the signal you're getting.

Hi Andy,

Good news - it worked!! As soon as it put it on user mode it allowed me to access the display menu - very simple when you know how but not a word about in the manual. The only settings in the display menu though are brightness, contrast, sharpness, saturation, tint and recall. Where would I find the backlight, colour temperature, black&white exposure, vertical sharpness and picture and film mode options that people have talked about?? Do you think this model just doesn't have them?

Also I've enabled RGB on my sky box but is there anything I need to do to enable it on the TV itself?

James - I bought a gold scart in Asda so will have a go with that too. Thanks for the tip.

Just from adjusting some of the settings, though, I think I've got a pretty good picture - really quite impressive compared to some I've seen in the shops

Thanks for the help.

Regards

Michelle

your model shoul dbe able to adjust the other bits and pieces, back light should be under advanced settings or the icon with the spaaner, if you find it try turning it to a 1 or 2. Also you might want to register the set with mirai for your brother, you can do it on there website which is http://www.mirai.eu/. then you can activate the 2 year warrenty whichis really good piece of mind, dont get that with many tvs. Also just looked at the spec and its a really good model.

Hi James,

Thanks - I did think it should have those settings somewhere but the only things under advanced are NDR (which I know is noise reduction), LTI, DCI and recall. I'm not too sure about the middle two so maybe they're two of the functions I'm talking about under different names! As you can tell I'm not exactly expert on these things. The icon with the spanner -where should I find it? I haven't seen an icon like that on the set. I'll definitely register it with Mirai for the warranty. I do think it is a very good model - I did my research before getting it and it seemed the best around for the £300 mark. Thanks for the help.

Regards

Michelle

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom