Mirage HDT - Just Awesome.......

M

Mr 928

Recently bought some Mirage HDT speakers (High Definition Theater) for my Home Cinema Setup and I had to tell someone that they are one of the best speakers I have ever heard. Sonically awesome, and that's even when they're on the floor without stands!!!!!

Home Cinema is truly fantastic through them, and until last night I'd not tried much audio, but I chucked in several CDs, from Rock, Pop, Country and Classical and they handled everything with absolute precision. Instruments were there that I had never heard before with my old Mirage speakers. Voices were clean and crisp and it turns out some CDs aren't quite as well mastered as I'd first thought!!!

If you get chance to audtion some of these, just do it. They are a tad pricey, but well worth the money providing you have a reasonable quality amplifier to power them...

Awesome.

Just need some rears now and a pair of stands wouldn't hurt!!!

ddlooping

Hello Mr 928. :)

If you don't mind me asking, what were your old Mirage speakers?
I'm actually looking for info about the om12. ;)

M

Mr 928

Originally posted by ddlooping
Hello Mr 928. :)

If you don't mind me asking, what were your old Mirage speakers?
I'm actually looking for info about the om12. ;)

OM10's in front, and OM12 in rear!

Awesome speakers, but the HDT are in a different league....

Hope that helps!

ddlooping

Thanks Mr 928. :)

I was looking at buying a pair of second-hand om12 to replace my Mission 774s.
It might not be such a good idea after all.

M

Mr 928

Originally posted by ddlooping
Thanks Mr 928. :)

I was looking at buying a pair of second-hand om12 to replace my Mission 774s.
It might not be such a good idea after all.

No, you misunderstand me, the Mirage OM12's are a million times better than the Mission's. If you can find a set then you will have a truly fantastic Omnipolar speaker - true 360 degree sound.

It's just that the HDT retail for £1100 each (x3 for Front and a pair of rears at £1500), and the OM12's were £800 a pair, the HDT speakers are a more dynamic speaker, but you really pay for that!!

Trust me, find some Mirage speakers, you will not be disappointed :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom