1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mirage/Athena/MSA budget sub/sat packages

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by jon smith, Jun 10, 2003.

1. jon smith

jon smith

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    Have bought and sold far too many different Home Cinema bits and bobs over the years and it's time to do it again. Seems to be one of the main perils of renting - each time you get a new place you rethink your home cinema.

Looking to get a sub/sat package on the cheap. Ones that have caught my attention, am also considering getting speakers only and then adding the £200 Velodyne from the power buys. Currently have a Tannoy FX5.1 pack, but don't like the silver look anymore and could do with a better sub (especially for a sub/sat combo)

Mirage AVS 500 package (with or without sub). Mirage subds don't seem that bad though.

Athena P5 (don't know much about this, but is £300 from Richers and has excellent reviews on the net. Looks good value and includes wall brackets, but can't find out what brackets are like)

MS Premiere (definitely without sub as I don't like MS subs)

Please don't say for me to get Eggs (have owned and sold on due to situation at the time) and don't have that sort of money to spend at the mo. I know I should really demo, but I am a lazy so and so when it comes to things like that.

2. Paul Smith

Paul Smith

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    Hi,
    I think the mirage set is a real good one, and can be quite cheap, (I bought a set of them for just over £200 including the sub).
    And yes the Mirage sub is excellent for it's size.
    They probably wouldn't be able to fill a very large room, but in a smallish room they are superb, especially for the price I paid.

Paul.