Miracast on LG TV

Drongo

Distinguished Member
Hi

I've just bought a new LG TV (LGLA640V) and am trying to use the Miracast facility. As far as I can tell; this enables you the view the contents of a 'smart device' on the television.

I have a first generation Ipad. I have switched Miracast to 'on' in the LG's settings but when it searches for devices; it does not find the Ipad. I am advised to go to settings on the Ipad and switch Miracast on there. As far as I can tell; there is no such setting on my Ipad. Nor can I see any suitable App to download to make it 'talk' to the TV.

Is it possible for my Ipad to use Miracast to display contents on the LG TV? And if so; how?

Cheers.

MAX1210

Hi

I've just bought a new LG TV (LGLA640V) and am trying to use the Miracast facility. As far as I can tell; this enables you the view the contents of a 'smart device' on the television.

I have a first generation Ipad. I have switched Miracast to 'on' in the LG's settings but when it searches for devices; it does not find the Ipad. I am advised to go to settings on the Ipad and switch Miracast on there. As far as I can tell; there is no such setting on my Ipad. Nor can I see any suitable App to download to make it 'talk' to the TV.

Is it possible for my Ipad to use Miracast to display contents on the LG TV? And if so; how?

Cheers.

A simple Google search would've told you that Miracast does not work with Apple devices. It is an Android function for devices running with 4.2 and above software.

I believe you'll need an AppleTV box connected to your TV to do the equivalent to Miracast.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom