• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Mio A201

P

Pancozi

Has anyone bought a Mitac Mio A201 pda with built in GPS reciever?
Is it any good?

P

Pancozi

Doesn't sound too popular does it?

Sounds good on paper but wouldn't mind some personal experience - ah well, can't win them all!

38H21543

Established Member
There is lots of discussion here.
Posts are in several of the sections. Worth checking up on the difficulty of installing Tom Tom 5 on it, but there are posts with detailed instructions.
An alternative package with Mio Euro maps at a good price.
I would be interested to know how long it takes to boot one of these up and get your first results compared to a TT one.
Also, you would think they would do some sort of car kit cradle with a power connector similar to a desktop cradle, but I can't find any info on cradles at all.

leon

Established Member
:) hello yes i have a 201 it does boot up quicker than my 168 but tom tom navigator is tricky to get working on it ..and they give no support as yet ..
people are getting them because they are faster but when u run tom tom its the same speed at updating i.e sometimes around london it still goes to slow and u miss roads .this is down to satalite speed not the mi0 .. but it is a nice piece of kit and well worth it .its great to have a bigger display and you can lay it on its side for more info on the sceen ..

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom