Minor Problems with Pace Twin

ItsMikeE

Standard Member
Reaction score
I know lots of people slag off the Pace, and I am generally pleased, but I do have a couple of minor problems.

1) Occasionally on playback, the picture freezes, and the sound continues. If I "stop" then "resume" then it carries on fine, so the recording is OK.
2) I regularly get blips in the picture. They are like a freeze-frame lasting for maybe half a second. I think some of them may coincide with a thermostat going on/off. I have put a surge/spike protector on the mains but that has not helped. Would it be interference in the mains or in the TV signal?

Anyone who has solved these problems?
All suggestions gratefully received

MikeE, I have the same problem with the picture problem, and its down to a loss of signal. Mine was electrical interference, due (you won't believe this) to a fauly lamp post outside my house. I know that thermostats however can cause electrical interference sometimes though. Best way to check to to take a look here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/reception/analogue_tv/reception.shtml

Watch your telly in analogue, and check the pic's on the site. Usefully, Ofcom will take a look at your problem for you, if you look here:

http://www.ofcom.org.uk/consumer_guides/tv_and_radio/interference/?a=87101

I have a feeling it's interference with your TV signal. Have you tried another TV in your house to check? Also, check when the problem happens (night / day etc). I fitted a filter to my ariel, but it did naff all.

Hope this helps a bit!

I'm a little bit worried about accessing one of the above links.

It seems to be sending me to a BBC site about "anal reception" !

Is this what my licence fee is for ?!?! :eek:

lol!! I didn't realise AV Forums apreviatd URL's! I can assure you they are OK - you won't catch a virus. On your computer, I mean...!

Neil Fellows said:
MikeE, I have the same problem with the picture problem, and its down to a loss of signal. Mine was electrical interference, due (you won't believe this) to a fauly lamp post outside my house. I know that thermostats however can cause electrical interference sometimes though. Best way to check to to take a look here:

I have a feeling it's interference with your TV signal. Have you tried another TV in your house to check? Also, check when the problem happens (night / day etc). I fitted a filter to my ariel, but it did naff all.

So do you still have the problem? If not, how did you get it sorted?
Are you suggesting that the electrical interference is interfering with your ariel signal?

I still have the problem, yes. I had a letter this morning from Ofcom, saying that they will look into it an produce a report / fix the problem. It's a free service, proving the report finds that it's not your fault, otherwise it's £50. I think that electrical interference is actually illegal, which is why Ofcom will look into it for you.

Hi
I'm getting the same problem on HDD playbacxk, the picture freezes, and the sound continues. Is it the box of the HDD? If I change the HDD will it fix the problem???
stuart

My guess is, it's a software glitch - there is plenty of history of these. I have it, too. Workrounds:

a) set a bookmark, then "rewind" then skip forwards to the bookmark

b) stop playback, then resume.

The Pace box will only play back excactly what it recorded, so - if the pic was jumping when you recorded it, so will the playback. You might want to try a reset, and then initialise the hard drive when asked. You will loose any recordings though!

I'm not sure if the Pace does any defragging, or even if it needs to, but i'd say that changing the HD is a little extreme at this stage.

Neil - the image freezing problem is peculiar to playback of recordings; if you watch the same programme "live" it will play OK. Yet it may freeze on playback. Typically occurs on fade-to-black content.

it does this every time we watch six feet under,because they use a lot of fades.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom