Minor Pana DMR-E50 problem!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by bobbo, May 21, 2003.

1. bobbo

bobbo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just bought myself a Panny E50 recorder and so far have been very happy with it. The only minor problem I have is that when I'm recording from video via AV4 (or anything else other than my Sat decoder) the picture is fine but there is no sound whilst recording. I can play the recording back and its fine with good picture and sound, the problem only occurs during the actual recording process. Not a show stopper but a pain whilst trying to transfer my videos to DVD, could do with hearing whats going on.
    Other than that, everything else is fine! Anyone got any idea if I need to change a setting somewhere to enable me to monitor the ousnd whilst recording?

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,282
    Can you give a bit more detail about your setup? Need to know what you have connected to AV1, 2 and 3.

3. bobbo

bobbo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got my video recorder connected to AV4 and my satellite decoder connected to AV2. AV1 on the Pana is connected to AV2 on my television and my satellite decoder connected to AV1 on my television. When I put a disk in the Pana, the TV correctly changes to AV2 and plays the disk fine (with sound!).

As I say, everything works fine apart from being able to monitor sound when I'm recording from video via AV4 - obviously the audio connections must be ok as the sound records and playbacks fine.

4. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,282
    Do you have a spare connection option on your TV. Try hooking up AV3 (which the the other S-Video/Video in socket) to your TV and see if you get sound then. I don't use AV3 and AV4 so don't know if the sound loops through into AV1 as well.

Just a point to note - it's none of my business but I'll point it out - are you recording in RGB on your E50? To get the quality recordings you need to have TV out on your Sky box connected to AV2 on your E50 and then AV1 on your E50 connected to your TV's RGB in socket.