1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Minolta Z1

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by Matt F, Aug 20, 2003.

1. Matt F

Matt F

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
  2. LDR

LDR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +98
    Any more info on this yet Matt ?

Went to look at a Oly UZ-750 on the weekend..very nice..but would like to see some info on this Z1 also before I make my mind up.

3. Matt F

Matt F

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Heard nothing more and in fact went out an bought a Canon A70 as I had £228 spare so I got Jessops to price match.

Very impressed with the A70 (amazing battery life) - the only blot on it's copybook is chromatic aberations (a.k.a. purple fringing) - it doesn't crop up on many shots but when it does, it stands out like a sore thumb.

Also tried Bonus Print's on-line digital processing - great quality and good prices - shame it takes a week to get them back.

Matt.

4. Torpedo

Torpedo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
  5. DJW

DJW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have just replaced my Olympus C3000 Zoom this weekend with the Z1. Managed to get a local shop to drop price to £289 by showing him the prices on Pricerunner :)

First impressions are excellent. The 10x zoom is great, although unless you use the flash in poor light conditions it is very easy to get camera shake. Picture quality easily matches the Olympus, if not better.

The Autofocus really is quick & acurate & all the controls are easily to hand. There is some movement in the Lens mechanism when switched off, but it does not seem to have an adverse effect.

Build quality is good, but as with many of these cameras I wouldn't like to drop one due to the flimsiness of the plastic.

Overall for the money I can say this is an excellent camera that should suit beginners & the more advanced photographer.

Ref Matts comment re BONUSPRINT I have used them about 5 times, with the average time being 48hrs......the longest was during summer hols. I can confrim the quality is excellent....its just too easy to get carried away & print more than you need....& your overdraft ;)