Minix x8h plus and roku 3 connection solutions

Gr8tylor

Novice Member
Reaction score
Im new to these forums and am learning about streaming tv. I just cut satellite TV. I bought a minix neo x8h plus for the living room and bought a roku 3 for the master bedroom. I have a modem woth 20mbps speed which is the fastest they offer. My ultimate goal is to link them all together but nor sure if that's possible? I thought I could use the roku 3 to play media from the x8h. I'm not getting it, I tried installing plexmbc but that wouldn't work. I read about vpns and from what I understand they allow u to see more live streams. Ishould I get a vpn? normally watch 1 channel, genesis or phoenix tv.

Was this the wrong thing to buy? My goal was to ditch paying for tv and I heard the minix x8h plus was the best replacement for tv.

You cannnot share the Kodi addons from the minix to the roku

Just use other kodi boxes in each room, they can all share media that you have on a haed drive but to watch streams from the net you need the addons on each machine

Awesome, that makes more sense why I could link them together. I thought the minix x8h was the "hard drive" so to speak. Thanks bud.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom