Minix Neo U9-H Android TV Media Hub Review & Comments

mr starface

Good review thanks Mark, I'm in the market for a new media player as my trusty NUC still works fine but wont play 4k content so this looks exactly what I am looking for - though not sure what the other contenders would be.

A new NUC would be nice but they are so expensive

nenito2k

@mr starface you have many "contenders"; zappity, shield, zidoo and egreat

after months of hesitation, i chose the last one and happy with it;

i wanted a 4K mede8er but the company stopped manufacturing media devices...

D

Deleted member 45086

@mr starface you have many "contenders"; zappity, shield, zidoo and egreat

after months of hesitation, i chose the last one and happy with it;

i wanted a 4K mede8er but the company stopped manufacturing media devices...
I loved my NUC and with LibreElec was a dream come true. There is a 4K model for around £160 on ebuyer Intel Nuc Kit NUC5PPYH Intel Pentium N3700 Barebone PC - Ebuyer .
I would switch to one as all the other apps I need are built into my tv.

Carl

Ruffuz

Andy Leitch

Can we have the price as tested listed in the review?
You tested it with the optional extra remote and a SRP of £135, which seems to be the price for the base system and not the system with the extra bundled remote, which seems to be around £150 currently on Amazon.

nenito2k

Thanks, which model egreat did you go for? Some of them are over 200 notes...

you don't know where to look, futeko has the best price for the A5 model anyway. i got it from there
@astirling no android box has resolution auto switch to my knowledge...it is a limitation of OS !

Brozzie

Standard Member
you don't know where to look, futeko has the best price for the A5 model anyway. i got it from there
@astirling no android box has resolution auto switch to my knowledge...it is a limitation of OS !
Hiya, did they solve the aac 5.1 being output as stereo problem with the egreat?

Too much choice when it comes to media players.....can't decide between the minix u9, zidoo x8, the egreat a5 although the aac problem would be a deal breaker. The shield seems overkill for just a player but still an option if it works properly. Any recommendations?

I would like to play 2160p hevc 10bit .x265 .mkv files with hd audio, although I do have a lot of aac audio files too.

Thanks.

Andy Leitch

Can we have the price as tested listed in the review?
You tested it with the optional extra remote and a SRP of £135, which seems to be the price for the base system and not the system with the extra bundled remote, which seems to be around £150 currently on Amazon.
I'll take that as a no then!

Last edited:

nenito2k

@Brozzie
the AAC 5.1 is not solved yet...but we sent sample to egreat and they are looking into this.
What can i say man...choose wisely
PCM multichannel has the SAME problem...and they fixed it after we told them :)

mr.black79

I had been using the Ookla speed test app but clicking on 'run test' with my Rii keyboard touchpad no longer works. Same story with CM Security although it's settings pop up menu still works. Ccleaner can still analyse / clean using HDMI CEC for menu selection

Not sure if I've missed a screen setting or if it's a compatibility issue?

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom