Miniumum viewing distance for an LCD TV

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by timus, Dec 24, 2006.

Tags:
  1. timus

timus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +210
    I want to get the Samsung LE26R74BDX for my bedroom, but i am concerned as my bedroom isn't particularly big and i am concerned that the viewing distance mght be a peoblem, i may not have enough? Is their a recommended distance for watching LCD Tv's.

I will predominatley be using it for gaming with my Wii, PS2 and non HD Freeview and possibly an upscaling DVD player. As this TV has only one component output can anybody recommend a switch boxthat would enable me to keep everything plugged in.

And lastly i have heard that LCD screens have trouble with scrolling text and football matches that they can't keep up is this the case. Has anybody got this TV your views and opinions are greatly recieved.

2. jonathan2202

jonathan2202

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    It took me a while to decide which screen size to get for my bedroom, i looked at a 23" & 26" Panasonic LCD's. In the end i decided on the 26" partly because of a having a good deal.

The distance i sit is about 3m.
    With freeview and dvd's i find if you sit at least 1.5 m away it looks fine
    At 2.5 - 3m even my rf signal fed down 30m coax from my sky+ box looks oky i am quite happy especially all the bad things i have read about how much better crts are.
    I really am glad i got the 26" now as i think its the ideal size for my room roughly 3.5m square.

HD material needs to viewed at about a 1 m though with this size screen to see the extra detail.

3. makar1

makar1
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Does the Samsung LE26R74BD have component inputs?
    I need them for my Wii 480p cable.

4. timus

timus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +210
    Thanks for that info, it will help me greatly. And yes the Samsung has one Component input, i need to find a extension set that will allow me to have both my PS2 and Wii plugged in, as i don't want to have to unplug each of them when i want to watch a film etc.

5. Batch

Batch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    University: Lancaster, Home: Cambridgeshire
    Ratings:
    +200
    I sit 2.5m from a 37" screen and its great for HD, not quire as good although stil not had for SD